Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The interior driver door handle broke away inside the door where the door latch cable is attached. I cannot open the door from the inside. Apparently you cannot buy the interior driver door handle separately but must get the entire door panel. On top of that auto suppliers have discontinued stocking the door panel. I've included a picture to show the LTZ setup and color scheme of the door panel. The exterior of the vehicle is dark red. Can anyone recommend the best strategy to find one of these door panels?

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
heres a used one on ebay for $182. same color LTZ trim.

Reactions: RichmondRedLTZ

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
though there is some wear on the area close to the button. Pic 2.

Reactions: RichmondRedLTZ

·
Registered
230 Posts
does ebay not have used handles? I have replaced them on a chrysler I used to have on ebay for like $18. I assumed you could get the handle there as well, but mine have not broken yet so I have not checked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does ebay not have used handles? I have replaced them on a chrysler I used to have on ebay for like $18. I assumed you could get the handle there as well, but mine have not broken yet so I have not checked.
On the LTZ the handle is riveted or molded into the door panel in a way that can't be replaced. (or so I'm told)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
though there is some wear on the area close to the button. Pic 2.
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I need. I'll have to live with the dog scratches by the lock. A friend of mine does interior upholstery and plastic repair. He might be able to match the texture with a repair of the area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres a used one on ebay for $182. same color LTZ trim.

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I need. I just ordered the part. I'll have to live with the dog scratches by the lock. A friend of mine does interior upholstery and plastic repair. He might be able to match the texture with a repair of the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts