Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres one for the kids!!

DETROIT –Santa Claus is getting a technology upgrade this Christmas season. This Christmas Eve for the first time, OnStar subscribers will have the ability to follow Santa's journey around the world using their OnStar system thanks to a new partnership with The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).

Starting at 6:00 a.m. EST on December 24, drivers with an active OnStar subscription will be able to press the blue OnStar button in their vehicles and request a "Santa Update." From there, an OnStar advisor will share Santa's whereabouts based on location information provided by NORAD. The advisors will receive a new update from NORAD every hour and will be able to inform subscribers of Santa's location through 5 a.m. EST on December 25.

"We are honored to help the world's busiest traveler find his way this holiday season," said Scott Kubicki, Vice President OnStar Service Delivery. "We know with our core suite of services, Santa's travels will be much easier."

For more than 50 years NORAD has used its GPS technology to monitor Santa's whereabouts and share this information with children and families around the world. This year, OnStar will be sharing that location information through its advisors and links to the NORAD website from onstar.com, onstarconnections.com and facebook.com/onstar.

Santa will also be enjoying the safety and security of OnStar in his sleigh this Christmas. St. Nick recently paid a visit to the OnStar Command Center to pick up his newly outfitted sleigh and learn about the real services the company offers subscribers and the custom services OnStar created just for him.

Santa's custom fictional services include: Reindeer Health Diagnostics to keep him abreast of the reindeers' hunger and energy levels, Hands-Free Calling to allow him to keep his hands on the reigns and eyes-on-the-sky and Turn-By-Turn Navigation directions to help route him to the homes of the good little boys and girls around the world.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
this should keep some kids at bay on some road trips...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know if this is available in Canada as well??....I didn't seen anything about this on either the Canadian or American OnStar website......

Thanks
Medman :beer:

·
Registered
407 Posts
:mad: Nice idea, but doesn't work. We tried calling Onstar, today...Dec 24th, for our daughters and the rep on the phone didn't know what we were talking about. I knew this was going to be a dumb idea.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
09Enclave said:
:mad: Nice idea, but doesn't work. We tried calling Onstar, today...Dec 24th, for our daughters and the rep on the phone didn't know what we were talking about. I knew this was going to be a dumb idea.
"OnStar: Don't forget NORAD Tracks Santa so you can push your blue OnStar button to get an update and find out where his sleigh full of toys is headed next!"

This quote was taken from the OnStar website. Sounds like you had a Scrooge for an Onstar Advisor.

Bob

·
Registered
113 Posts
It worked when we did it....she even got our nephew excited about it....and personally wished him a Merry Christmas, etc....I think he got a kick out of it...

Happy New Year everyone :beer:

·
Registered
407 Posts
suvshopper said:
I wish of would of known about this...bummer
Don't worry about it, it was useless. Our rep didn't even sound like she knew what we were talking about, then when she pretended....she wanted all our vehicle information, our name...etc....STUPID

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
09Enclave said:
Don't worry about it, it was useless. Our rep didn't even sound like she knew what we were talking about, then when she pretended....she wanted all our vehicle information, our name...etc....STUPID
As I recall, you had your children with you. You should have called back for another rep, it's obvious the rep didn't know her *$$ from 2nd base. I would have made an Onstar "online complaint." The program DID, in fact, work.

Bob

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm usually one to jump to GM's defense, and Onstar, but this one I will not. There's no excuse for the crappy customer service. you know what else is bad, those live online chats on the GM websites. Again, I hate having to report bad news, but those people are useless as well. I've asked several questions on different GM sites, about things pertaining to the new vehicles, and building them out, and mistakes with their websites, and the people on the other end act no different than some bad salesperson trying to hide something. I wish I could get their job, I would actually do some good for the company, not just say "I don't know".

(sorry for the rant, and tangent there)

·
Registered
73 Posts
09Enclave said:
I'm usually one to jump to GM's defense, and Onstar, but this one I will not. There's no excuse for the crappy customer service. you know what else is bad, those live online chats on the GM websites. Again, I hate having to report bad news, but those people are useless as well. I've asked several questions on different GM sites, about things pertaining to the new vehicles, and building them out, and mistakes with their websites, and the people on the other end act no different than some bad salesperson trying to hide something. I wish I could get their job, I would actually do some good for the company, not just say "I don't know".

(sorry for the rant, and tangent there)
:banghead: :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts