Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at possibly adding this to my traverse but have a question on installation. How does this install? will this only work thru the stereo or does it work independent of the stereo such as an aftermarket pair where the sounds comes from the units? I have the base stereo on the LT1. I w did not want to run wires thru the truck, was looking to be able to just plugging it into the cigarette lighter with an adaptor. If anyone can give details on the install, would appreciate it.

A

·
0 Posts
The DVD headrests are designed to be wired to the head unit

I think you are looking to install the headrest units and power them through the cigarette lighter only--those units are not designed that way

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if they plug into the back or underneath the seat or do I have to snake the wire under the carpeting. Do you know of any other brand that might be easier to install? I would prefer they run separate from the car stereo but do like the integrated look and quality of the OEM screens. Thanks!!

A

·
0 Posts
The only two options that I know of from GM are the overhead or headrest systems and both of them are probably not what you are looking for. I think your only other option would be to buy portable units that hang on the back of each front seat

·
Registered
551 Posts
I agree with AA, if you want DVD in the back an after market system will be cheaper and easier to install.

I have the factory headrest dvd's, they can be played via head phones or thru the car speakers. Go to your local best buy, target, etc and see what they have avilable. If you really want the factory dvd headrests check ebay, I am sure you can get them for $1000-1,500.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've seen sets of OEM headsets go for $300-$500 on ebay.
Unfortunately, they have all been ebony leather, so I wasn't interested.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got a complete set of OEMs for $310 on ebay...they are out there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got a great deal at Amazon on a DVD headrest system for my wifes SRX.
Search Amazon for Vizualogic RoadTrip Rear Seat Entertainment System $242

·
Registered
57 Posts
kuhldip said:
I've seen sets of OEM headsets go for $300-$500 on ebay.
Unfortunately, they have all been ebony leather, so I wasn't interested.
By the way, to have the color changed to the shade you like, you can take them to an upholstery shop and have it done in any color...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts