Traverse Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Makes sense not to do the running method. I have seen videos on Youtube where they use the CRC cleaner with the manifold cover off and suck the solvent out before starting the vehicle. This seems to be a little safer than walnut blasting in my opinion. I wouldn't want to miss a walnut shell and have that contaminate the cylinder.
One poster recently stated he couldn't crank the engine after this procedure, he didn't get all the cleaner out of one cylinder.
As far as my long cranks go, it never was cured. After sitting for more than 8 hours in colder weather, it takes a few extra seconds to start. Now I turn the ignition on, without cranking, for a few seconds to let the fuel pump build up pressure, then it starts right up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m having this idle hunt after cleaning my TB. I did not touch the MAF. I do know the the intake hose from the air box to TB is a 2 piece assembly. I separated the air hose into 2 when cleaning. However it did not go back into one piece when reinstalled. Vacuum leak? Will try this today

·
Registered
30 Posts
Makes sense not to do the running method. I have seen videos on Youtube where they use the CRC cleaner with the manifold cover off and suck the solvent out before starting the vehicle. This seems to be a little safer than walnut blasting in my opinion. I wouldn't want to miss a walnut shell and have that contaminate the cylinder.
One poster recently stated he couldn't crank the engine after this procedure, he didn't get all the cleaner out of one cylinder.
As far as my long cranks go, it never was cured. After sitting for more than 8 hours in colder weather, it takes a few extra seconds to start. Now I turn the ignition on, without cranking, for a few seconds to let the fuel pump build up pressure, then it starts right up.
I watched a video and in Germany they use blasting media that remains hard and abrasive when applied. They then use a liquid catalyst and cause the remaining media to dissolve. They then suction it out. Pretty cool. No hard particulates to worry about getting stuck in the valve stem, valve seat or cylinder.

GDI HP pressure pumps will not hold pressure indefinately and will bleed down to 0psi after 2-3 hours. Always good to let it prime the fuel system. I also let the engine run until it goes into closed loop, and idle settles down to normal.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts