Traverse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i forgot how to recalibrate the tpms....can anybody help me...thx....

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
You have to go into the cal mode....
1-set parking brake
2-turn ign switch to ON/RUN with engine off.
3-press the remotes LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time for about 5 sec.--- the horn will sound twice to signal its in relearn mode. and tire learning active will be seen in the DIC screen.
4- start with the drivers side (also note that the turn signal lamp for that front tire also turns on).
5- let air out-- or put air in for about 5 sec or until the horn chirps. (may take up to 30 sec)-- once it learns that sensor it will chirp..
6- proceed to the front right tire-- repeat- (the light turns on to indicate which tire to get to next).
7-when the last tire is learned it will chirp 2 times.
8- air up tires to proper spec.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx....rbarrios....

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: I am going to have to play with this some time to see if I can do it.

Steve 8)

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have about 3500 miles before I need to rotate for the first time and recalibrate. Hopefully it doesn't fall into the dead of the MN winter. ;D At least there's room in the garage with the Traverse vs. my truck, so I'll just fire up the heater for a half hour or so before going out to rotate them. I should be able to get it up to 45-50 in there (heat wave).

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
you know-- I rotated my tires the other day-- and forgot to do the relearn....
But its ok- for now- as the tires have been showing 35 PSI- in the mornings... (with temps in the 45-50 deg range in the AM).
As soon as we get cooler weather--- and the temps are BELOW 35 PSI in the morning-- AND I need to gas up--- Ill reset the TPMS.
The reason Ill wait for me needing gas--- is that when you gas up-- youre supposed to be able to ask for air from the machine for free..... instead of popping in 50-75 cents for air.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, with all the gizmos and stuff that you have rbarrios, I figured you'd have an air compressor. ;D

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Ive considered buying one- even looked at the craftsman- small units.. I also have a small container that you FILL up and take with you...
But Garage space is a a premium (and the mentioned container- is better for bikes)... so... for the time being-- its easier to use the gas station.
but... Ive been eyeing those small electric portable units.....

·
Registered
718 Posts
All those lugs by hand is a chore without an impact wrench. I use it to take them off and to snug the lugs back on (I thread them all on by hand) and do the final torque by hand with a torque wrench. Once I went to having trucks I got a compressor. It comes in handy for many other things too. I understand how the space can be an issue though.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
you use a compressor to put the lugs back on? or most of the way--- then torque wrench...
--- (just reread your post)... but ill leave my initial question in...
I ask- because I read sometime last week-- that GM is saying NOT to use torque sticks anymore.... and for dealer techs-- to hand torque lug nuts...

torque sticks?? = those colored sticks that bend/give at a certain torque-- based on color of the stick.

·
Registered
718 Posts
rbarrios said:
you use a compressor to put the lugs back on? or most of the way--- then torque wrench...
--- (just reread your post)... but ill leave my initial question in...
I ask- because I read sometime last week-- that GM is saying NOT to use torque sticks anymore.... and for dealer techs-- to hand torque lug nuts...

torque sticks?? = those colored sticks that bend/give at a certain torque-- based on color of the stick.
I use a torque wrench (same style as the one in medicrxdoc's link) for the final torque by hand.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
I saw on Sandy Blogs that GM no longer recommends using the torque sticks....
thats exactly where I read the info too :cheers:

this is me and my handy tool--- highly recommended to avoid pulsating brakes/steering wheel

·
Registered
2 Posts

Re: rotating tires/recalibrating

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to go into the cal mode....
1-set parking brake
2-turn ign switch to ON/RUN with engine off.
3-press the remotes LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time for about 5 sec.--- the horn will sound twice to signal its in relearn mode. and tire learning active will be seen in the DIC screen.
4- start with the drivers side (also note that the turn signal lamp for that front tire also turns on).
5- let air out-- or put air in for about 5 sec or until the horn chirps. (may take up to 30 sec)-- once it learns that sensor it will chirp..
6- proceed to the front right tire-- repeat- (the light turns on to indicate which tire to get to next).
7-when the last tire is learned it will chirp 2 times.
8- air up tires to proper spec.

Yes, I'm just wondering if this instructions works for a 2010 traverse? I'm planning to do my own tire rotation for the next couple of days and trying to do my homework before doing this job. I heard about the TPMS for the new cars and its not like changing tires like the old days so I am in the process of looking for instructions. If anybody could help, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you rbarrios, the video is great! Just what I was looking for.

And would like to add this is a great community!

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts