Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a hard shell cargo box that will work with a 2021 Traverse?

Here's my problem: My current box is 72 inches long. I prefer Thule Wingbars EVO 135 crossbars and the feet that have the rubber strap that goes beneath and around the rail.

If I try to install it so that it comes to rest in front of the shark fin antenna, the holes for attaching to the crossbars won't align. What I mean by that is at least onr set of mounting hardware will be "blocked" by the solid part of the roof rails. If I move the carier back to make it possible to get its holes in an accessible, working position along the rails, the box is then siting on the antenna.

I don't need a 6-foot long box since I don't haul skis or family items.

Has anyone found a box that works?

Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey. I've got a 2019 with Thule crossbars and I use an old Sears cargo box on long trips with no problems. Looks like this...I don't have a pic of it on my traverse. It ain't sexy but it fits without hitting the antenna and gets the job done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 10575 Hey. I've got a 2019 with Thule crossbars and I use an old Sears cargo box on long trips with no problems. Looks like this...I don't have a pic of it on my traverse. It ain't sexy but it fits without hitting the antenna and gets the job done.
Thanks, but is that little black “stalk” on the roof your antenna? Mine is the kind that is huge plus it’s a piece of plastic shaped like a shark fin. Also, the feet that I have don’t hold the box up that high. It’s only got about an inch of clearance above the roof.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks, but is that little black “stalk” on the roof your antenna? Mine is the kind that is huge plus it’s a piece of plastic shaped like a shark fin. Also, the feet that I have don’t hold the box up that high. It’s only got about an inch of clearance above the roof.
Hey. Like I said, that's just a random pic of the box (Google). I don't have a pic of it on my traverse but I can assure you it fits... I've used it many times.
Hey. Like I said, "I don't have a pic of it on my traverse", but I've got Thule's and that box fits/works perfectly. Here's pics of my set up.
o

·
Registered
8 Posts
What size Thule bars did you end up going with 53 or 60 inch?
Hey. Like I said, that's just a random pic of the box (Google). I don't have a pic of it on my traverse but I can assure you it fits... I've used it many times.

Hey. Like I said, "I don't have a pic of it on my traverse", but I've got Thule's and that box fits/works perfectly. Here's pics of my set up. View attachment 10576 o View attachment 10577 View attachment 10578
What size are they 53 or 60? I really like the way they look!

·
Registered
124 Posts
What size Thule bars did you end up going with 53 or 60 inch?

What size are they 53 or 60? I really like the way they look!
Hey. Glad you liked the set up. They're two different sizes...#7503 and #7504. They've worked and look great as they are low profile. The standard bars they sell assume you have a sunroof so they are elevated. Not my fav look. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey. Glad you liked the set up. They're two different sizes...#7503 and #7504. They've worked and look great as they are low profile. The standard bars they sell assume you have a sunroof so they are elevated. Not my fav look. Hope this helps!
Is there a reason you used two different sizes? Or can I just get two Larges or two Xtra Large?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is there a reason you used two different sizes? Or can I just get two Larges or two Xtra Large?
Hmm. That's a good question. I remember someone posting those two models/sizes because the distance between the bars/mounting points is slightly different. So you can't order the same width bars. As an aside, I found one of the two bars on eBay and the other on craigslist. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmm. That's a good question. I remember someone posting those two models/sizes because the distance between the bars/mounting points is slightly different. So you can't order the same width bars. As an aside, I found one of the two bars on eBay and the other on craigslist. Hope this helps.
Thanks; I ordered one L and one XL for a 2021 Traverse RS, I'll see how it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts