Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone add on a roof rack to your Traverse and see a noticeable drop in MPGs, or was it only minimal and not noticeable.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
I didnt leave mine on long enough by themselves to notice any drop.... (as I put then on- used them- and then removed them- its so easy to put in and off-- that I took them off).
BUT--- there was no increase in sound from the cross bars being up there themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Drove the first 4 months of ownership with the crossbars installed. Now I have removed them, and there is not difference in MPG or noise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No change in mileage with the crossbars installed. The mileage does change a bit with the cargo box on though. The noise is a lot less with the cross bars removed. I only install them when I need to carry the cargo box.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I didn't notice any noise difference with or without the crossbars. Maybe where you had them installed caused them to create more noise. Mine were fairly far apart. Just for looks.

Now they are in the rafters of the garage until we head to Florida next February.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The Traverse cross bars and side rails were all designed with the fuel millage as the main focus.

I saw no change at all when I installed them. I actually get good millage with the roof box on to..

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I would have to agree I didn’t notice any difference at all and if there was one it was so little I could not see it.

8) Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts