Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the order guide...
and I think what it is saying... is that for 2010.... If you dont order the roof rack cross rails....
then there is no need for the roof rack channels.......... and you get some sort of covers that will fill in the hole.....making for a cleaner look I guess..

(as we know all 2009 have the roof rack channels--- but are pretty much useless if you didnt order the cross rails)...

here is what the order guide says... is this what you guys/gals gather too?

Effective 8/3/09- the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Exterior section- Added Roof Rail moldings, It is "S" on all equipment groups (standard equipment)
Exterior section-(VQQ) LPO, black roof rack cross rails,deleted entirely
Exterior section-(V2P) Roof Rails, Black Longitudinal, deleted entirely
Exterior section- Added (S49)LPO, Roof rack longitudinal C-channels and cross rails, it is "A/D" on 1LT,2 LT, and 1LZ with a footnote that reads "not available for fleet or Govt. order types." also, it is "-" on 1LS.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yup- mine is a 2010- I ordered it around June 25, 09... so mine came with the channels... (I also ordered the cross rails).

Mine was built on the 2nd day that Springfield came back up into operation to build the 2010......July 31.

this says effective 8/3--- so theres early build 2010 with the channels-- about 5 days worth of 2010's that have the channels--- and later builds will have no channels........

So if you want the roof rack--- make sure you order your Traverse with the roof rack--- or order the parts from the dealer.

Ive read a forum where a buyer got a 2010 with no channels--- and well you know-- now he has to make dealer visits to get these installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have been fighting this battle. There are still 2010's on the lot with channels, and some without. My 2010 is without, and, of course, the cross rail doesn't come with channels you could simply install in the existing and perfectly useless side rails that that 2010's are shifting into. WTF?

No too happy with my dealer at this point . . . that said, the install is easy to replace the existing siderails, so don't let the dealer try to charge you $50 bucks like mine did . . .

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is what were talking about folks...
the 2009's have em---
early early 2010 have them

but at some point- many of the Spring Hill Traverses- had the rail delete--- unless you ordered the rails AND crossbars....

(earlier models had the rails by default- and you simply ordered the crossbars- and it took you maybe 15 min to install)...

no so anymore---- youll need to order BOTH.

In the picture- its the metal rail thats held down by the metal screws...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for 2010- they delete only the METAL...
youre still left with the outer- black plastic that you can see from the sides.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Silver LT with no crossbars, but it has the channels that are held down by black screws. Since my Traverse did not come with the cross bars, is there an aftermarket plate with attached D ring that will fit into the channel and use the screws to hold them in place, thus allowing me to utilize a soft carrier on the roof?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to clarify- just in case....

ALL Traverse's come with the big black strips on either side of the roof.
What is missing in the latter build 2010 and up is the metal rail (known as the C-channel) that sits within the plastic strips.

I have not seen any post of someone using another product or making their own to attach a box up there.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It sounds like he has the channels already, (maybe they had leftovers @ the factory, or an accident, or his Traverse if pre-owned, and the previous owners didn't give the cross bars to the dealership.) Either way, it seems as though the Original posters best bet woudl be to just get the cross bars,a dn go from there. I wouldn't want to use a soft cargo bag directly accross the roof, without the added lift of the cross bars, as it would more than likely scratch the paint on the roof, and I wouldn't want to rig something for the bag to attach to, on such a new vehicle, still under waranty.

Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used my THULE cargo back- no scratches.
At least no scratches that I could see....

As for all the bunjee cords. (on the return trip- I didnt have as much on my hitch rack- and used more on the bag to compress it)
make it as flat as possible.

on the way there less bunjees...
but the bunjees held on to the C-channel on the side to side connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my Roof racks and the C channels on ebay hwy316m s were really helpful. Cost about 300 for the whole kit and took me 30 minutes to install them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts