Traverse Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a set of cross bars for the roof rack - had them installed in no time and they look and work great.

Dealership tried to get me to pay for install - an extra $75! I did it myself in less than 30 minutes - clear instructions and only 8 screws hold it all together. If anyone else is in this position, and is the slightest bit handy, I would recommend saving your money and doing the install yourself!

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
good to know.
I bought mine- and declined install at dealer.... not for price.. but because Ill only use them every now and then and wanted a clean look to the vehicle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How much did they charge for the rails? I need to pick them up for ours. There have been a couple of times already where they would have been nice to have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OneLove19451981 said:
How much did they charge for the rails? I need to pick them up for ours. There have been a couple of times already where they would have been nice to have.
Not sure where you are - I'm in Canada and paid $180 at my local dealer. I believe list price was $210.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Check out GMPartsDirect.com as they look even cheaper through them. It looks like $137.59 for part number 19243901 plus your shipping. I had good dealings with them a few times for stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions they could share? Mine cam dealer installed and I have no idea of how to adjust them. Do not find any levers buttons or even a portion of the case to lift for access.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
its actually quite easy...
youll need to have the torq screwdriver... theres a torx screw tht holds the cover (stand on the door sill and look... 1 screw holds the plastic cover... remove screw- cover comes off,,
underneath theres another screw that helps keep the slider from moving- loosen that (on both sides) and you can slide the cross rails...
its actually quite simple/

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think, if you order the cross rails, it will come with the necessary screw driver as well. I ordered mine with the rails but they are on back order...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I noticed that they are a security bit.. looks like a tourques head but there is a pin in the center. Of course mine shipped with the rack installed and I never dot the driver! Got to go in to get the remote starter setup and will ask for the driver.

Thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That fastener is called a tamper-proof Torx. Any auto parts store (or Sears) will have them.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
yup, mine was in the box... tamper proof torx it is....
It took me about 4 min to remove the cross rails.... then I cleaned them- boxed them up- and put them away.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think I'm taking mine off after washing the Traverse tomorrow. Good to know it's simple and quick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the 2010's you have to purchase the complete set both rails and cross rails. Don't get burned and only order have of your rack.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Going through this right now with my new 2010 Traverse, ordered from the factory with the Roof Rack incl. crossbars ($330). Looked at it today at the dealership, no roof rack. I'm wondering if this is dealer installed? Anyways, I told the sales guy.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
yes they are dealer installed.
YOu order it- and it comes with the vehicle (not sure if delivered separately). they install...
In fact I think the order guide shows the cross bars as dealer installed....
(when I ordered mine- I asked that they not install mine- since I knew it was dealer installed).

WHen I picked up the Traverse- the box wasnt in the vehicle.. and I reminded them I had ordered the cross bars... they went to get the box to the parts dept and put it in the back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts