Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm a new Traverse owner (2009 1LT FWD), and I'm looking forward to my first long trip in mid June. Where have you gone and how did it drive?

·
Registered
70 Posts
We are going to Stone Mountain and will let everyone know how it rides on a long trip... :happy:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My husband and I just recently went from Houston to New Orleans (about a 5 hour drive). The Traverse was great!!! We were very comfy and didn't feel cramped. I used to have a Nissan Frontier Crew cab. We drove that from Houston to Nashville and was very cramped. The Traverse was alot better!!! FYI: Going to New Orleans and back my MPG gage went up to 21.5 MPG. WOOHOO!!!! I was most likely getting about 24 on the highway because for the 1st 50 miles of the car it was at the dealership (which plays a big part into the MPG gage)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Me, hubby, mother, daughter, boyfriend and boyfriend's mother traveled about 6 hours on Saturday. We had multiple stops requiring us to get in and out of our Traverse frequently for about 2 hours. Everyone was very comfortable riding along. We have the 2-3-3 seats so everyone had plenty of room. Getting in and out of third row seat was fine. Only difficulty we encounter is getting the second row seat back to the position we want after we let the third row passengers out. Pushing the second row seat back into position after it's folded is a bit cumbersome. It's hard to lock the seat bottom back into position and the back of the second row seat always locks into a "default" postion which is straight up and down. We like our second row seat to be slightly reclined as straight up and down in the default position tends to be a little uncomfortable. I expect that we will all get used to the adjustments needed soon enough. Our return trip of 3 hours was very comfortable even in bad weather. There is a lot of leg room for everyone and the seats are very comfortable. I suspect that you will be as comfortable as we were. Have a safe trip and enjoy!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice report, RiDe 'eM CoWBoY (just a guess on the initials. but wait, aren't you a cowGirl?)

The practical details about the seat were great.
Glad to hear how smooth the trip went. With 3 moms all in one car for that length of time, ya never know. :happy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts