Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a seven day, 3100 mile road trip from Texas to Utah and return. Ventured out thru New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming, with a day spent in Rocky Mountain National Park. Traverse ran great and performed very well--even at the altitudes above 10,000 feet. Highest altitude was 12,200 feet and no hesitation upon accelerating; a bit slower than normal, but I struggled a bit when walking at that altitude as well. Crossing Wyoming was a bit dicey with wind associated with an unseasonal winter storm moving thru; winds were gusty at 40 mph plus. However, that wasn't anything compared to the winds in Farmington, UT overnight 7-8 Sep; gusts were recorded at 99 mph and were continuing as we departed on Tuesday. We personally saw 8 18-wheelers that had been blown over on their sides--tractors and trailers still connected--in less than one mile of Interstate 15. Tomorrow brings an opportunity to get "Jedi" washed (clean of road grime and bugs) and vacuumed and see if the winds contributed any sand-blasting to the paint. Posting a pic taken at 12,000 in RMNP.
IMG_6515.JPG

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All road trips are adventures! We had a very enjoyable time. Main purpose of trip was to visit my 96 year old Mom. She is in good spirits and her health seems to be doing well also; memory has some issues, but mine does as well. Had a high of 28.2 and a low of 19.3 mpg (all calculated via "Excel"). High was associated with slower speeds of Rocky Mountain Natl Park and the long downhill stretches of I-70 going back to Denver; low was across Wyoming driving into 40 mph headwinds. Average for the trip was 24.73 mpg, which I am pleased with since we were typically driving at 75+ mph. Didn't experience any transmission shuddering, but still plan to get fluid flushed next week. Total miles rapidly approaching 13,000. Spent a couple hours today removing 3100 miles of road grime and bugs. Next week also includes tire rotation and balancing.

Reactions: Plymouthcranbrook

·
Registered
8 Posts
Grats on a succesful trip! Your traverse looks lovely in RMNP! We have a december trip to WV from Texas in December with our 2020AWD so I'll have to post our results!

·
Registered
71 Posts
LOL, my 2019 is identical to yours. I just finished painting my calipers red and vinyl wrapped my front grill chrome bars in black leaving the frame chrome.
I just got back from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg from St. Louis, (8.5 hrs.to get there) and made several mountain tours for a total 1,470 miles. No complaints! The Traverse was really good on gas on the highways. Filled up in St. Louis before we left, and in Louisville (just under 1/2 tank) and made it to our resort stay in Gatlinburg. Not quite the elevation as yours, but my other 2 trips to the Rookies (12 hrs. each, one way) were pretty high, Pikes Peak was the highest. This is my 4th long road trip including a trip to Austin, Lake Travis, TX (9 hrs. to get there) in the Traverse. Not counting the many trips to KC (hometown) and Hannibal,(fishing/camping) within the same state. Near 24k on a year old vehicle. No complaints. Still drives, looks, and rides like new. We will be going back to the Smoky Mountains within the next 2 months to see Autumn. I will be changing the ATF fluid (#2), engine oil, and tire rotation...
Glad to hear you enjoyed and was safe.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
19SatVerse: Sounds like you enjoyed your trip as well. Do you happen to have pics of your calipers and grill after your mods? Would love to see the "after" version. Thanks.

We are just north of Austin. We frequently go to Lake Travis and visit "The Oasis" for lunch. Great place to see sunsets over Lake Travis as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts