Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
interesting use of your bow tie. Appears to lay flat.

My 2013 Equinox with the 3.6, comes with a bowtie.. and the hood heat shield also has a large bowtie.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The older engine covers are way nicer. I really dislike how cheap GM made the engine covers on the 2018-2020 Traverse. It's just a box! I wonder if they're interchangeable.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Concur, the new ones are surprisingly cheap looking compared to the older ones... not that I'm a fan of plastic covers anyway but at least some of them have a semi-interesting look and can be cleaned up to look nice.

Interesting note on the engine covers, apparently Hyundai has been adding weight to there engine covers to help with engine vibrations, thought that was interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think they are interchangeable because of the location of the electronics on the driver's side of the engine. That electronics component is located near the radiator on earlier models, giving more room for an engine cover. From what I can see, the older model cover is longer than the newer one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think they are interchangeable because of the location of the electronics on the driver's side of the engine. That electronics component is located near the radiator on earlier models, giving more room for an engine cover. From what I can see, the older model cover is longer than the newer one.
After a 2nd look at mine - I think you are correct!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts