Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to access the taillight bulbs? My wife's '09 Traverse has already blown a bulb in the taillight so she has lost functionalilty of the brake lamp and the turn signal at the right rear. Can you remove the taillight assembly itself, or do I need to remove the interior trim in the cargo area?

A

·
0 Posts
If the assembly is anything like the Acadia; you will have to access the bulb from the interior

·
Registered
860 Posts
Removal of the tail light assembly should be fairly easy if access isn't available from the interior. Raise the liftgate and look for the two red covers on the assembly. Carefully pry those covers off and remove the nuts that hold the assembly, then carefully pull the assembly straight out without pulling the wiring too far. Replace bulb, re-assemble.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
when I read his post- thats the exact thread I thought about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ToodZilla67's response is what I was hoping to hear. The link to the other thread was relevant only for the reverse bulb and taillight section on the actual hatch. The bulb that blew out was the brake light that is in the section attached to the rear qtr panel and wraps around the side of the car. There must be a clip or it slides into the sheet metal somewhere in the "tip" of the light assembly so there is no need for additional screws there.

I'll also check the manual, as I hadn't thought about that...

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts