Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,

As a Traverse owner, and a shop owner, I have begun my selection of our next set of tires and have noticed a real lack of choices in the p255/65r18 size. Goodyear, some snows, a Hankook just about rounds out the choices. I am thinking about going up in size slightly to allow me to put on one of my favorite tires, the LTX M/S 2 by Michelin. They have a P265/65r18 and only is 10mm wider and slightly taller. Was not dissatisfied with the Goodyears, but see many of those that dont wear well towards the end of their life and the Michelin is just a bit better in a few other ways but my main point of contention was the lack of choices in this size and the ability to change sizes. I think this may be adjustable with a Tech2 or Midi Gm Scan tool if it even needs to be corrected as the size is not more than 3% or so from factory sizing. Sooner or later all of these cars are going to come due for rubber and given the lack of choices there is sure to be a shortage...Joe

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
seen similar post on the other lambda websites... cant remember which- about people searching for replacement tires.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah...there aren't many choices. A lot of people on the Acadia board are getting the Cooper CS4 touring in the original P255/65R18 size. People haven't put a lot of miles on them yet, but I have seen good reviews of these tires on many other makes/models.

As for changing the size, I don't know about a Traverse, but some people who put on those very thin cable "chains" had them hitting the shock, spring or something.

Check out the Acadia board, there is like a 9page discussion about this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Traverse came from the factory with Goodyear Fortera tires mounted. I made a quick stop to my local Goodyear/JustTires dealer and purchased the "road hazard warranty" for my tires. Now I am covered from any tire failures. I always do this with a new car and new set of tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts