Traverse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the last couple of weeks I heard a whirring noise coming from the back left corner. It changed with speed, but not with engine RPM, so I new it was a tire/bearing issue.

Swapped two tires around and the noise remained in the same corner.

Priced out a new wheel bearing at a couple auto stores around me, ranging from $200-$250....YIKES.

Went online and found one from 1A Auto for $55, free shipping. Then I found one from AutoShack in Ontario for $65, free shipping. 2 days later it was in my office.

Tonight I changed it out. I didn't take pictures (I always think of that after), but it wasn't too bad.

The hardest part was removing the hub/bearing assembly from the frame in which it sits. It was seized in there.

All in, it took me about 2.5 hours to replace the hub, including a break for supper. Road tested and the noise is gone.

192,000km on the odometer. Next year I'll need new tires. Still on my 2nd set.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
At this price I am sure that these bearings are made in China. Some stuff made in China is okay but many times the quality is not there. I always try to get my parts from Canada or the U.S.A when possible and affordable. A good exemple of the difference in quality are the brake rotors and brake drums made in China.They start to rust within a month .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts