Traverse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced thermostat on my 2012 Chevrolet Traverse And after I put back together I found out I seem to have broken off a wire connection to A part above radiater pipe to thermostat housing!
As I tried to move it to inside to finish The engine Turns over just fine but will not Start/ Run!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
243 Posts
Camshaft position sensor maybe. I haven't had to wrench on any of the 3.6 in my fleet yet.
Go onto Rock Auto, they have pictures of their parts and OE part numbers.
Engine codes being set are the most positive diagnosis.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After looking at the picture of the back of the motor...I believe what you broke off was your fuel pressure sensor off of the high pressure pump that is in picture. Can't replace just the sensor. Have to replace the whole pump

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I did a number of searches and it appears you have to buy the whole pump to get the sensor.

Might be able to get a pump at a junk yard and swap sensors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sensor may not be removable judging by the locking device on backside of it. Anything that makes car run though. Your story will definitely make me pay attention to that when working in that area of the engine. 🤞
Hope you get it running

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Sensor may not be removable judging by the locking device on backside of it. Anything that makes car run though. Your story will definitely make me pay attention to that when working in that area of the engine. 🤞
Hope you get it running
Yeah, that clip looks like what they use to hold toy wheels to their axles. Usually only able to be used once.

I think I'd bite the bullet and just go with the new pump and sensor. I'd hate to be left by the side of the road because the "used clip" came loose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts