Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a code P0010 for Bank One CMP Intake circuit on my 2011 Traverse LT 3.6 AWD with 52,000 miles. Cleared the codes using 2019 Snap-On Solus and immediately it pops back...poor wifey can't use remote start with MIL on :)

Just went out and bought a Dorman actuator...put it in the Bank One position (bank one is near the firewall right? ..and the Intake is closest to the top?)

Didn't matter...almost immediately popped the same code and MIL was on...unfortunately my scanner won't play nice with my router so I can't access Snap-On tech info etc...

Anyway I can do various tests with this scanner but I can't find a flow chart to follow etc...

Any help would be appreciated...was hoping I changed the wrong actuator but I think I changed the correct one with absolutely NO difference :sad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, I changed the oil about 1,500 miles ago...no sludge etc. and it is right below the full line on the dipstick.

Don't hear any timing chain noise either and tracing the wires from the actuator back to the ECM shows no rodent damage etc

Help?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Possibly the VVT solenoid. Easy to pull and check if screens are clear. Remove top cover, two connectors on left side top of engine, check continuity of solenoids when you have them out. Or is that what you already changed, not sure if they are called the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the difference between the VVT "solenoid" and the VVT CMP Intake Actuator that I replaced with new? (see OP above)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I guess they are probably the same, I always referred to the VVT solenoid, didnt know about the CMP designation. The solenoid is the actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts