Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Traverse.
Front passenger window is temperamental and sometimes rolls down from drivers side switch. Lately, it won’t go down at all using drivers side switch. I’d like to try cleaning the contacts as mentioned numerous times in this forum. When I watch videos, the trim seems to slide out easily. Ours won’t seem to budge at all and we don’t want to force it and break anything. Any tips? I really don’t want to try to remove the door panel.

·
Registered
2010 LT 3.6L AWD
175 Posts
That always makes me nervous as well but I've removed all my switch panels more than once without breaking anything.
Watch a couple YouTube videos showing how it's done, as a confidence builder. The only tips I can offer are: 1- pry up at the rear, never the front and 2 - use a plastic trim removal tool so you don't scratch the plastic or vinyl.
You can get a set pretty cheap from Harbor Freight and they work great.

·
Registered
2015 Chevrolet Traverse LT FWD
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Traverse.
Front passenger window is temperamental and sometimes rolls down from drivers side switch. Lately, it won’t go down at all using drivers side switch. I’d like to try cleaning the contacts as mentioned numerous times in this forum. When I watch videos, the trim seems to slide out easily. Ours won’t seem to budge at all and we don’t want to force it and break anything. Any tips? I really don’t want to try to remove the door panel.
I have the exact same issue with my 2015 LT. Intermittent from the driver's side switch, but works every time when I lean over and use the passenger side switch. I am mechanically-challenged, but I have to learn not to be so chicken to DIY stuff like this myself. 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2020 High Country
1,266 Posts
Even a short-term subscription to a factory manual and reading it will give a sense of how your vehicle comes apart.
I consult my ALLDATA subscriptions before doing a repair just for short cut tips. And I'm an experienced wrench in another field that has been working on vehicles since '71

1 - 4 of 4 Posts