Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing headrest dvd and need to remove the panel on the back of the seats. Any one remove these?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I removed mine. It is held in place by 2 spring clips on each side near the top. The bottom of the panel is held in place by 2 tabs, one at each corner on the bottom. You have to disconnect the top spring clips from the seat frame, then lift the panel up and off of the two tabs at the bottom to remove itl. When I removed my panels, I had to stick a flat screw driver between the seat and the panel where the clips are. Push the screwdriver straight between the panel and seat to release the spring clip. The clips are about an inch down from the top on each side. It took a while to find the clips, but a flashlight always helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
this should help- this is shown as the 08 Enclave/outlook...
like he said- and these are the clips.

·
Registered
57 Posts
tHANKS. good to know so I don't snap those bottom tabs off when I install my dvd HEADRESTS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this should help- this is shown as the 08 Enclave/outlook...
like he said- and these are the clips.

Were there originally photos here? I'm trying to remove the seat backs in order to repair the "Service Air Bags" warning. We're beyond the recall criteria of being under 72,000 miles. The repair guide says to access the air bag connectors behind the seat back and solder the female connector.

I see the top clips that hold the seat in place, but I'm not understanding how they work and how to release the seat. I haven't put a lot of pressure on the clip or with pulling the seat because I'm trying to avoid breaking anything. If you had photos, could you attach them again? Maybe they disappear after so long??? Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts