Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the second row captain's chairs without center console in our Traverse. Does anyone know if the captain's chairs can be removed and replaced for added cargo carrying space? We used to have a Honda Odyssey and the second row seats were removable. It really opened up the space and allowed for additional cargo room and for carrying items that wouldn't fit otherwise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I did just read in the owners manual that the third row seats are removable you just have to unbolt them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if I can just unbolt the second row captain's chairs and remove them that way?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just looked at one we have on the showroom and removing the captain chairs would not be an easy task as for removing the rear again not an easy job. I see you have an Avalanche I guess I am wondering what you would need to carry in a Traverse that it could not carry. I personally have both vehicles and love them both and use them for what they where designed for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dan, we have an 09 Outlook with the middle bench. The problem with that seat is the seat belts stick out and feel like they puncture you when you have 3 adults in the middle. And, whomever is in the middle, there is not a whole lot of room between the belts. Can these be repalced with Captains Chairs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply Dan.

The reason we are wanting to remove the seats (temporarily) is because this is the wife's car. She has an embroidery business that she runs out of the house (www.valerinas.com) and she attends craft shows throughout the year. I was trying to determine if the seats were removable so that she could get all of her embroidery machines, merchandise, etc. in and out of the vehicle. The Avalanche really wouldn't be that much better as I would have to put a camper shell on it.

I guess we need to look into a small enclosed trailer for her to tow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts