Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought a 2010 Gold Mist LT1 traverse and I am having a problem with a remote start that the fdealer put in for me. It worked for 2-3 days then all of a sudden it stopped working and when I used it the alarm and the anti-theft system comes on. I took it back to the dealer and it was fixed. Again it worked for a few days and the same thing happened again. The deal had the facility that put it in come and fix it again and once again after 2-3 days irt doesn't work. Today it went back to the dealer for the third week in a row and they installed a new reciever and something else. I wonder if this will again not start in a few days. Has anyone else had this problem?

The dealer added the remote option as part of the sale. Now he says the key fob is a GM and the remote start apparently isn't and tomorrow they will switch the key fob to match the remte start. This will be the fourth time I'm going back to the dealer and I only bought the car March 20th.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
You said you took it to dealer and they had someone came out and fix it... sounds like its an aftermarket remote start?

Since you have a 2010- 1LT- I think youre way better off adding a GM remote start option and not an aftermarket...

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Narg said:
Yep, like rbarrios said, it is possible to get a true blue GM remote start for your traverse.

Here's an example.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/2010/Traverse/Remote%20Start/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
This isn't the basic remote start, it's the advanced model. But for $250 you can get everything needed to add remote start to a Traverse without any remote start. You should be able to find the basic unit too.
I will cost you about $200 to have it installed by a dealer on top of the cost of the part - it is not a do it yourself job. I had it installed in my Enclave - works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts