Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am loving the Traverse. I actually get excited to drive it! I have been a very loyal customer to the foriegn car market for years after having many low reliable 80's and 90's model GM's....and due to being a very p[atriotic person and really likeing the versatility and look of the Traverse , i said screw it and just bought one last week. It is very smooth and luxurious but sporty ride. Out of all the Lambda models the Traverse is definately the best looking. Anyways, enough bragging, i was posting about the remote start i had one on my last vehicle and didn't think i would miss it as much as i do! I was wondering if anyone knows how much it is to get it done at the dealer aftermarket. All replies are encouraged. Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
312 Posts
2lt2 - welcome to the world of Traverse! :thumb:

I can't actually answer your question, but I can agree with you. My Traverse is the first vehicle I've owned with remote start. I thought I would only use it when it's freezing outside, but I use it way more than I anticipated. Ive also gotten used to the associated feature of just barely turning the ignition key for it to start.

The other feature that I've gotten used to much more than I expected to is the lane change turn signal. Our other cars don't have that and when driving them I find myself moving the turn signal expecting 3 flashes and nothing happens. Makes me feel like a dufuss.

·
Registered
80 Posts
andylibby said:
2lt2 - welcome to the world of Traverse! :thumb:

I can't actually answer your question, but I can agree with you. My Traverse is the first vehicle I've owned with remote start. I thought I would only use it when it's freezing outside, but I use it way more than I anticipated. Ive also gotten used to the associated feature of just barely turning the ignition key for it to start.

The other feature that I've gotten used to much more than I expected to is the lane change turn signal. Our other cars don't have that and when driving them I find myself moving the turn signal expecting 3 flashes and nothing happens. Makes me feel like a dufuss.
lane change turn signal....can you give more detail on how you use this? i guess i'm a little confused.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Lightly push on the turn signal and release will flash 3 times. What model do you have? Remote start can be added to the factory systems at your dealer on most models and that way no issues on warranty.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
the lane change feature allows you to gently tap the turn signal lever--- and the blinker will blink 3 times. no need to hold it down and or flip it all the way
very nice feature.
I showed my buddy this feature on his 2010 Silverado...

Also- yeah- let us know what yr/ trim you have--- as it can be added if the vehicle is equipped right.
try to get GM--- too many issues down the line with aftermarket

·
Registered
312 Posts
Why again do they call it a "Captured Fleet Vehicle?". I understand about the testing, just not why they call it a Fleet vehicle.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
im guessing because its a whole set of them that they grab -a fleet..

thats my guess...

·
Registered
80 Posts
danthechevyman said:
Lightly push on the turn signal and release will flash 3 times. What model do you have? Remote start can be added to the factory systems at your dealer on most models and that way no issues on warranty.
ah yes,tried it at lunchtime...and what do you know...very nice feature indeed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
bowtie - Like my Granddad used to say, "You learn something old every day." Just kidding!

You're right, it's a very nice feature and easy to get hooked on. Even my wife's Caddy doesn't have it.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
the caddy doesnt have it?

Our 2007 Impala has it...

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've noticed on my Traverse you can "lazy" push the signal arm and the 3 blinks. On my wife's Equinox, you have to very "quickly" push it to get the 3 blinks. Seems different on some models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts