Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the remote start kit for my 2020 traverse.Dealwr wants to charge me $200 to program the remotes.I feel this is an excessive amount .

·
Registered
542 Posts
Aftermarket remote start? That is usually the price to purchase a new key fob from them and have them program. It probably takes the mechanic 1/2 an hour to do so yes I would think that is excessive. Wait till you find out how much they want to replace a headlamp bulb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The remote start kit is a direct chevrolet accessory kit that I bought from chevy.All it consists of is 2 new remotes that have to be programmed

·
Registered
542 Posts
I believe that that would consist of reflashing the vehicle, not just programming the remotes. Call other dealers and get other quotes, not just Chevy, any Gm dealer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Call other GM dealers. Couple years back I had the same inflated price and got much better price after shopping around. Doubt it even took 30 minutes to program.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had it done on an Equinox a couple years ago. 1 dealer wanted $200 another $300. Then checked a Buick/GMC dealership and had it done for $98. They just have to flash the BCM and program the keys. Didn't take long at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bought the remote start kit for my 2020 traverse.Dealwr wants to charge me $200 to program the remotes.I feel this is an excessive amount .
I know many folks don't get OnStar for a variety of reasons, but if you do purchase one of their plans the myChevrolet Mobile phone app can do remote start without the key fob plus other cool things like "vehicle locate". You can even "preset" the vehicle to turn on the heat, seat heaters, etc. when you use the remote start feature.

It has it quirks, but just like the vehicle key fob, I always have my phone too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts