Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On other vehicles... You can have GM/dealer install the remote start module to lower trim models.
(I noticed it was available on our impala). Its some sort of plug in module that must be dealer installed.
I noticed that the LT1 does not have the remote start... but the LT2 does....
Has anyone had remote start added on an LT1 or LS?

(Im not interested in aftermarket remote start units- I like the factory unit in our Impala- and would like similar on the Traverse)...

·
Registered
994 Posts
rbarrios said:
I noticed that the LT1 does not have the remote start...
A bit off topic but one can get the remote start from the factory for a 1LT destined for Canada. I know this as I factory ordered this option w/o a problem...I am just waiting for it to arrive at the dealership.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm- interesting.
If it is as easy as having the dealer install the module--- then ill get it.
now I just need to see if anyone on here has actually had it done.

·
Registered
161 Posts
rbarrios said:
Has anyone had remote start added on an LT1 or LS?
I've not had it done (since I don't have the truck yet) BUT I remember one dealer offered remote starts installed on LT1's as a promotional incentive a few weeks ago.
It's all the same engine, so there should be no problem certainly for LT1, or probably LS, either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2-Way Advance Remote start for the LS and LT1 is 19213970(AP8 w/o AP3, BTV, E61. Its $295. I know dealers have the installation instrucctions available for the Traverse, Lucierne, Outlook, Acadia and Enclave. I have been triing to get these for mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife had it done on her LT1 when we purchased it. The dealer installed it for her and it included a secondary key fob that controlled the remote start. It is not considered aftermarket and works well. They had it all installed in under a day. We negotiated it into the cost of the car so I don't have a price for parts and labor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got the Advanced 2way remote on my LTZ. Remote was $125 from Ebay and that was local p/u. Dealership installed it for $80 and that includes the installation of the antenna. You can not install the remote yourself and get full function. The TPMS must be done during the week as GM has to provide the dealership w/ the correct coding to finalize the remote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts