Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday... when I remote started my Traverse (ive only driven it 20 miles since getting it 1 week ago).... that when I got into the vehicle-- the interior was HOT and not being cooled.
This worried me for a bit-- and I pulled out the manual...
The system operates a little different (those with MANUAL and not digital)....
On the traverse- if you left AC off before you shut down last time-- it will remain OFF when you remote start...
if you left AC ON- it will turn on an cool interior when you remote start.

This is slightly different from our 07 Impala....
On the impala- regardless of whether you left the AC on or off...
when you remote start--- it senses the temp- if the vehicle is HOT-- it automatically begins to cool the vehicle... if it is COLD (I think 45 degrees) it begins to warm the interior..... it always does this... regardless of the setting on the AC controls...

I think I may like the Traverse better... since you can control when it comes on...
On our impala-- I sometimes remote start--- and the AC is blowing-- even when its not really that hot...

Ill just have to make sure that I turn on AC when I pull into a parking spot-- and know that when I return I want it to begin cooling...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Needs auto climate (digital) for the auto cooling/heating with remote start.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interestingly- our impala does not have the digital system and it cools/ heats....

I just looked up manual for impala... it says
if your vehicle has an outside temp display, during remote start this feature allows the climate control system to default to a heating mode during colder outside temp and a cooling mode during warmer outside temps...

it does say if the impala does not have an outside temp display then it reverts to the setting the vehicle was last set to.

Wondering why they did it slightly different in the Traverse....
As I use it more- I think I will like the Traverse option better.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
interestingly- our impala does not have the digital system and it cools/ heats....

I just looked up manual for impala... it says
if your vehicle has an outside temp display, during remote start this feature allows the climate control system to default to a heating mode during colder outside temp and a cooling mode during warmer outside temps...

it does say if the impala does not have an outside temp display then it reverts to the setting the vehicle was last set to.

Wondering why they did it slightly different in the Traverse....
As I use it more- I think I will like the Traverse option better.
sorry, my bad. Guess I assume way too much these days.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope-- you didnt assume... as thats the way it works in the Lambdas...
Just interesting that they modified it on the Traverse.

I wonder if they decided that the remote start was using the AC too often when it was not really hot out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
What sux for me is that I saw that I can get the Remote Start installed at the dealership with the key fob and everything. I just called my dealership yesterday to find out that my vehicle cannot be equipped with that. I will have to go aftermarket...BS ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts