Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 High Country
827 Posts
Put the GM made Chevy kit in for zero problems. Yeah folks will say aftermarket is good but down the road they are not.
OEM is the best when integrating into the computer system. Dealer will have to program the kit. Aftermarket stuff can have adverse effects on the computer network in your car.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2019 Traverse LS
22 Posts
So as a gift to myself, I got the OEM remote start from GM Accessories online. I have an LS which doesn't come with remote start, but for the dealer it's a simple install. If you order online, you have the option of shipping it to a dealership near you (free shipping too), and you can add the installation fee when purchasing online. Each dealership has different labor prices for some reason. The cheapest near me in VA was $77 for install I think. I paid $295 for the two key fobs on the accessories website, but also used a 20% discount code they had on the main page. My total was $315 after all was said and done. The dealership took about 2 hours to install because they have to call a GM number, put a RPO code on your vehicle in order for the keys to work, and then program the new keys to the vehicle. Buuuut it's all OEM and no separate module is needed in order for everything to work. I even tried the OnStar trial, and can start the vehicle from my phone now with the app. They did give me back the two original key fobs which also still work, so technically I have 4 key fobs for the vehicle. Hope this helps with any questions you may have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So as a gift to myself, I got the OEM remote start from GM Accessories online. I have an LS which doesn't come with remote start, but for the dealer it's a simple install. If you order online, you have the option of shipping it to a dealership near you (free shipping too), and you can add the installation fee when purchasing online. Each dealership has different labor prices for some reason. The cheapest near me in VA was $77 for install I think. I paid $295 for the two key fobs on the accessories website, but also used a 20% discount code they had on the main page. My total was $315 after all was said and done. The dealership took about 2 hours to install because they have to call a GM number, put a RPO code on your vehicle in order for the keys to work, and then program the new keys to the vehicle. Buuuut it's all OEM and no separate module is needed in order for everything to work. I even tried the OnStar trial, and can start the vehicle from my phone now with the app. They did give me back the two original key fobs which also still work, so technically I have 4 key fobs for the vehicle. Hope this helps with any questions you may have.
That's great info! I'm looking for the remote start kit on the website but there's like 12 pages of stuff lol. I also typed in the make model and year.

·
Registered
2019 Traverse LS
22 Posts
Yes mine had an activation code with the two key fobs in the packaging. All they have to do is call the number in the instructions

·
Registered
16 Posts
Part No. : 84649016
I have a 2012 Traverse LS, looks like the OEM kit is discontinued. Any recommendations on where I might be able to find one? If not, any recommendations on a good aftermarket kit?

Thanks,
John

2012 Traverse LS
2018 Equinox LT

·
Registered
2019 Traverse LS
22 Posts
I have a 2012 Traverse LS, looks like the OEM kit is discontinued. Any recommendations on where I might be able to find one? If not, any recommendations on a good aftermarket kit?

Thanks,
John

2012 Traverse LS
2018 Equinox LT
The part number I provided to @tylerdietzenbach is specifically for Gen 2's I believe. The part no. you're going to need is:
Part No. : 22741621

1 - 11 of 11 Posts