Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 1LT and I'm trying to get remote start installed from the dealer. They tell me it is not available to order. Does anyone know if it every will be and when?

I had a 2009 LS and they installed the 2 way BTV remote start in that vehicle for me. I just want remote start-its winter!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2LT came with it. Maybe it's only available as part of the package. But more than likely would only require a computer flash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just took ownership of a 2011 1LT on Black Friday - and I most certainly have a remote start on my key.

Also, OnStar has an app for your phone which gives you the ability to remotely start your vehicle. My limited experience with it so far, it is a pretty slick app.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
yeah seems they made a change.
the order guide says that remote keyless entry- has NO REMOTE START PROVISIONS.
Says remote start is ONLY available when ordered with the connectivity package. (remote start, garage door opener, bluetooth)--

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: Re: remote start for 2011

This is correct. For 2011 model year trucks, remote start is only available with the personal connectivity package. This is on our truck and these cold winter mornings it surely makes a difference!

Sent from my EVO 4g via Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
OK, the thing to recommend to new potential 2011 buyers is now--- make sure you get the TOW package and the Connectivity package.
Both of these are a great bang for your buck and will definitely save you from headaches later on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
rbarrios said:
OK, the thing to recommend to new potential 2011 buyers is now--- make sure you get the TOW package and the Connectivity package.
Both of these are a great bang for your buck and will definitely save you from headaches later on.
The 2 things that I have never used in 2 yrs is the tow pkg and remote start, oh ya and Bluetooth :-\

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
rbarrios said:
For American buyers...In Canada, at least Ontario, Bluetooth is a standard feature on all models except LS. Remote start is a seperate option that can be ordered on its own.

·
Registered
718 Posts
6Sixathome said:
The 2 things that I have never used in 2 yrs is the tow pkg and remote start, oh ya and Bluetooth :-\
And we've had our 2011 about 2.5 months and used all 3 already :cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Also have a '11, and have used two out of the three (all I have)...
Remote start is nice right now, but when it gets hot here in Phoenix, it will be fantastic - I almost can't wait. Bluetooth is really nice, almost negating the need for OnStar minutes.
I've used it (Bluetooth) many times already, especially since my phone has voice dialing - nice interface with OnStar's features.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the tow package but don't think I got the connectivity package (if so I assume my remote would have the remote start on it??)

So if I can't get remote start now-what its the cons of having the dealer install the aftermarket on?

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
6Sixathome said:
wow....
I use remote start every morning before work--- not really to warm up the interior-- but more to get the engine to idle down- by the time I hop into the car.
The initial cold engine start in the Traverse- seems to take longer than my other GM's. You know- turn on- it revvs up to 1500 or so-- and slowly revvs down... Ive timed it and I think its about 1:30...
In the morning I remote start- and start walking out-- by the time I hop in- its now around 800 rpm-- and I can now just shift and drive away.
(I dont shift into gear when above 1000+ rpm's).

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
jsandgirl said:
I have the tow package but don't think I got the connectivity package (if so I assume my remote would have the remote start on it??)

So if I can't get remote start now-what its the cons of having the dealer install the aftermarket on?
the cons of getting aftermarket- is that it may eventually cause trouble with the electrical system.
I would continue to read up on here and see if any 2011 owners have succes intalling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just purchased a 2011 LS AWD with the Bluetooth and I don't have remote start.

The dealer told me that is would be available to order today...

I am going to check with them later today.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
find out what you can. Im wondering if it was a sales 'lie' to get you to buy....

Kind of those that want tow package... but the one theyre about to buy does not.. and the salesman says.. OH SURE you can add it afterwards....

·
Registered
718 Posts
That was my thought as well, that it was just to get the sale without knowing that it is currently not possible (unless there is new info).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My brother in law works at the dealership I bought my car at. He is the one that keeps trying to order the remote start and says they keep pushing the dates back
and the makes it unorderable. You can order for the 2009-2010. I just want them to tell me YES it will eventually be available!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
rbarrios said:
find out what you can. Im wondering if it was a sales 'lie' to get you to buy....

Kind of those that want tow package... but the one theyre about to buy does not.. and the salesman says.. OH SURE you can add it afterwards....
It wasn't the salesman, I went back to parts and they gave me the info.... Didn't get the chance to call today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Morning all,
When I was in the process of buying my Traverse, there was a misunderstanding about what I wanted. The one they tried to get me to buy did not have remote start.
I told the guy that was a deal breaker. So he called the parts dept and got a quote to have it installed. It was like $500+ for the install. So in saying that, they ended up finding me
a truck (Traverse) with all the things I wanted on it. Very please with remote start on my 2011. I use it all the time to warm up the truck before I get in it. Hate to drive away with the engine is cold.
A word of advice, the dealership said that it would be better it you got an aftermarket remote start. Reason for that, is because I asked if it had a range extender on the factory installed remote starter. When I am a good ways away from the Traverse, I point the remote to my chin, open my mouth, and use my head as an antenna.
I have had very good luck with that. I got that from someone else and not once has it not worked for me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts