Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran into a P0393 code Exhaust camshaft positoin sensor circuit high voltage bank 2?
I replaced the sensor with a new ac delco one but the code came back and isnt reading at all on my scanner, All the others are reading normal. Do I just chalk it up to a bad part and replace it again? I replaced the engine 50 miles ago (car has 87970 when a rod went through the block), It runs fine but has a longer than normal crank at start up. Its the sensor located under the power steering resavore behind the motor mount so i dont want to just stick another on in if my issue may be somewhere else. the wiring and connector look fine tho.

Any incite would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I also checked power and ground at the sensor , i have 5v good ground and 4.8v in the middle but for some reason i have no reading one the bank 2 exhaust sensor, swapped over the sensor to one that was working and still nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also checked power and ground at the sensor , i have 5v good ground and 4.8v in the middle but for some reason i have no reading one the bank 2 exhaust sensor, swapped over the sensor to one that was working and still nothing.

Dont always trust your power probe, after trying everything, gave the wires a little tug and found a broken wire in the connector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts