Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet this is obvious but how does one release the buckle for the middle seat shoulder belt (coming from the 'ceiling') in the third row using only ones fingers? :-[. For me each time I have had to use my key or other thin object to pop the buckle by accessing that thin recess slot...see picture. This is embarassing...what am I missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Re: realese shoulder belt in third row

im guessing you can use the edge of that sealt belt buckle just about an inch away in the pic... you know- slide in the shiny/metal part of the buckle...
Im guessing... My 2010 hasnt arrived.

·
Registered
110 Posts

I've only used the third row once and the people in that row were too drunk to know what a shoulder belt was anyway! Sometimes being DD sucks but knowing that you are keeping 7 drunks out of their own driver's seats is a good thing. Yes, I did have 7 drunk passengers in my car at one! Scary stuff, huh?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kentkrogh said:
The instructions in my Enclave manual say to use a key. So I just used my Enclave's starting key. Worked easiliy.
That's what I had done but why couldnt it be designed to be released using one's finger(s)?

·
Registered
110 Posts

OneLove19451981 said:
I've only used the third row once and the people in that row were too drunk to know what a shoulder belt was anyway! Sometimes being DD sucks but knowing that you are keeping 7 drunks out of their own driver's seats is a good thing. Yes, I did have 7 drunk passengers in my car at one! Scary stuff, huh?
This past weekend I had a total of 9 adults in the Traverse! One skinny guy sat behind the third row and everyone else had their own seat. I love the Traverse!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
that was 1 skinny guy!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I use the buckle itself. Just turn it around and it fits in the slot perfectly.

I just wish they'd changed the folding part so you can fold down a short seat on the left side rather than the right allowing you easy access to the belt to release it from the back. I've been caught at times where I had to fold down the back seats but couldn't because the belt was in place. Can't reach it easily from back there, so you have to go around to the side doors and crawl in to reach it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts