Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My husband just got me a new 2010 Traverse LT1, but I can't seem to find where the release mechanism is to open the gas door. It seems like it should be simple to find, but I couldn't find it. A little help please. Thanks ???

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
simply go to the door-- and push in on the edge closest to the rear...--- it will pop out...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just push in on the gas filler door. It will click open. There is no release for it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also looked for the dang release lever for the gass door.

I would guess that a lot more people (car renters in particular), are frustrated with the various hiding places for the release levers. This probably results in the doors being pried open, (rental cars in particular).

GM probably figured they could save a few bucks and nobody would complain until the price of gas gets to where the thieves siphon again.

In that case, a flimsy door won't help because it is the first thing pried or pulled loose.

There is probably less damage cost to let the door open easily and let the gas go.

Now, there are some gas caps, that are much more difficult to defeat.

Regards,

·
Registered
407 Posts
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

WHO WAS THE SALESPERSON ON THIS DEAL? They should be slapped for not showing the customer this during delivery orientation. Geez, maybe I WILL go back to selling cars, it appears there's no competition for someone with simple common sense, who shows their customer how to open the gas door.

SALESPERSON WHO SOLD THIS TRAVERSE: F

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
09Enclave said:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

WHO WAS THE SALESPERSON ON THIS DEAL? They should be slapped for not showing the customer this during delivery orientation. Geez, maybe I WILL go back to selling cars, it appears there's no competition for someone with simple common sense, who shows their customer how to open the gas door.

SALESPERSON WHO SOLD THIS TRAVERSE: F
I'll bet that saleman gave the owner a owners manual to read ! :angel:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't feel you need a door release as they are very problematic in the northern climates. There are anti-siphon devices in the vehicles today, usually a tab or such in the filler tube to prevent hose form going in. Locking gas caps are a tricky thing also as they must fit perfectly are you risk a check engine light because of the vapor recirculation system.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
I dont know... but I sure didnt look for a release switch/handle inside the car...
I for some reason- instinctly pushed in on the door and it came open.....
My previous car before this was a 03 Trailblazer-- it also didnt have a release mechanism- but the filler door has a small bump that you stick your finger and lift...
I think they could have done this with the traverse--- and given the filler door a little bump--- but instead chose a clean look and left the door flat...

If you play with the door-- you can open it if you stick you nail in and pull...... just tension holding it down--- the push feature just makes it easy to lift and open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts