Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a hitch mounted cargo carrier, but haven't seen many options that I like. I'm looking for a folding carrier about 20x60 or 24x60 with single piece construction. Does anyone have any recommendations on what and where to buy? Any opinions on one versus two piece construction? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
hmmmm. folding carrier... not sure Ive seen too many...
But the concern would be the weight bearing capacity of the folding joint?

This isnt what you specified..
But heres a thread on my cargo rack... though does not fold.

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=627.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was just looking at these for our Outlook. Packed for an abbreviated holiday run this year and man was I disappointed in the cargo space if you want to keep part of the third row up. Missed my cavernous Odyssey minivan for sure.

I don't have any experience with them, but eTrailer has a couple [1] swing out enclosed hitch mount carriers. They're $500-$600, though. A flat carrier like rbarrios suggested plus a soft side carrier [2] would offer more flexability and be less than $175. Wouldn't swing out of the way, though.

[1] - Can't post links. Go to etrailer.com/dept-pg-Hitch_Cargo_Carrier-sf-Enclosed_Carrier.aspx
[2] - etrailer.com + /Hitch-Cargo-Carrier/Valley/V90180.html and etrailer.com + /p-59102.html for example.

A

·
0 Posts
salguod

Glad to see you again; IIRC you can start posting links after 5 or maybe 10 posts

Just so everyone knows; salguod owns a 10 Outlook; one of the select few Saturn members that I know that own one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, it says 5 in the profile area. Figured that was it. Need to come by here or the Acadia area more. There's more traffic here than the Outlook forum, unfortunately.

Updated my signature to show my cars too. We're piling on the miles, started with 12K in June and we'll turn 25k by the end of this trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts