Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Premier. When the vent control was on recirculate I would not smell any odors from outside of the vehicle until recently. I recently had my vehicle in for it's first service and informed the service dept. of my complaint. They said if I also have the defrost on I will get odar from outside' I really don't believe what I was told. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue. Thanks in advance Mike

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Yes, on defrost, it brings in outside air. When you're trying to remove moisture, as with defrost, you want to move as much air THROUGH the car as possible, not bottle it up.

If you turn off the AC, then put it on recirc, then change the mode to defrost, you should see the recirc turn off. Or turn off the AC, put it on recirc, then turn on the AC; the recirc should turn off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, on defrost, it brings in outside air. When you're trying to remove moisture, as with defrost, you want to move as much air THROUGH the car as possible, not bottle it up.

If you turn off the AC, then put it on recirc, then change the mode to defrost, you should see the recirc turn off. Or turn off the AC, put it on recirc, then turn on the AC; the recirc should turn off.
Everything you said is spot on. I still need to know why I get these god awfull smells inside the cabin when recirculate is on. Defrost is off, a/c is not on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
With Chevy vehicles, anytime the vent controls or set to anything other the upper dashboard vents only, it will ALWAYS pull in some outside air, even if recirc is selected and illuminated.

So if it's set to defrost/windshield vents and/or lower vents, it will always be pulling in outside air, no way around it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts