Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a letter in the mail....
.... basically said---

GM's ongoing efforts to improve quality and perf. of GM vehicles...
has hired ATDS to perform an engineering evaluation of the diagnostic systems of selected GM vehicles....our records indicate you have purchased a vehicle that may assists us....
GM is requesting your participation in a special engineering program. This program has been developed to collect data that will enable General Motor engineers to evaluate the performance of our emissions diagnostic systems. As an incentive we are offering owners whose vehicles are selected $100.
....if your vehicle meets our criteria and is selected... and appointment will be made to visit you at a location convenient to you (home,office, etc). There an ATDS agent will download the data from your vehicle... the process should take 15 min.



im sending it back tomm.... I dont mind them taking data from my car.....
I wonder if this is only on the Lambdas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
rbarrios said:
Received a letter in the mail....
.... basically said---

GM's ongoing efforts to improve quality and perf. of GM vehicles...
has hired ATDS to perform an engineering evaluation of the diagnostic systems of selected GM vehicles....our records indicate you have purchased a vehicle that may assists us....
GM is requesting your participation in a special engineering program. This program has been developed to collect data that will enable General Motor engineers to evaluate the performance of our emissions diagnostic systems. As an incentive we are offering owners whose vehicles are selected $100.
....if your vehicle meets our criteria and is selected... and appointment will be made to visit you at a location convenient to you (home,office, etc). There an ATDS agent will download the data from your vehicle... the process should take 15 min.



im sending it back tomm.... I dont mind them taking data from my car.....
I wonder if this is only on the Lambdas?


well since yours was a "test" vehicle in the first place, i'm not surprised you would be eligible.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I hope I get one of those letters; for $100 they can download whatever they want. Let's see $100 for 15 mins of work~ that works out to $6.66/minute :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent it off this morning--- noticed that the return address is Ontario,CA.
Thats about 20 min from my city.
I wonder if this is a Southern California thing.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
I sent it off this morning--- noticed that the return address is Ontario,CA.
Thats about 20 min from my city.
I wonder if this is a Southern California thing.
Probably right; emissions in CA......ugh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
My thought would be GM is tracking your car, since you were the one who had the vehicle involved in the Captured Fleet deal. I have asked 2 times, do not understand how a "private vehicle" is subjected to the "Fleet Program" , unless you are leasing your Traverse, instead of owning.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did order the vehicle. and it was delivered with the miles.
On another forum where I mentioned my situation- someone told me about the 'captured fleet' testing done on vehicles- and all clues point to it being one (very early production model for 2010, 2 week delay, miles, clean suspension, extra tailgate handle in the rear compartment- they must have forgot that piece), rebate of $750 for the miles they put on it, VIN search does not show it being a demo)....
It sure was not driven by the dealer.

not leased. paid cash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received a call today.
they will come to my house on friday and download the data....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
Received a call today.
they will come to my house on friday and download the data....
Back when, regarding the 300 miles on the odometer at purchase, you stated you were advised by someone on the Lambda forums that it was possible your vehicle was the "captured fleet test vehicle". Perhaps the individual who comes to your home to download info can expand on that subject. It will be of interest to others, for certain.

Bob

P.S. I'm into this "see the USA" trip about 3500 miles now, all is well with the Traverse, a road trip pleasure. Cannot echo those comments, however, for T.B.T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
rbarrios, wasn't your also pre-picked before dealer delivery for inspection? So it would make sense you got this letter afterwards too. They may be checking tolerances and such over the life of the vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
Received a call today.
they will come to my house on friday and download the data....
How did the meeting go with the GM individual?????

Bob
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top