Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question How many and what were the recalls for the 2009 Traverse? I was told 3 can anyone tell me what they were. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
34 Posts
whoadogwhoa said:
Question How many and what were the recalls for the 2009 Traverse? I was told 3 can anyone tell me what they were. Thanks Jerry

I only had two on mine. The shifter cable and the parking brake cable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
njboy How long did it take to do the redalls? I got one in the mail for the shifter cable but I'm going to want till I get all of the recalls so I don't have to go 2 0r 3 times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Both of mine were done in a couple of hours (each).

Joe

·
Registered
34 Posts
whoadogwhoa said:
njboy How long did it take to do the redalls? I got one in the mail for the shifter cable but I'm going to want till I get all of the recalls so I don't have to go 2 0r 3 times.
It took about an hour including the wait. I had to go twice as they had to order the part for the parking brake cable. I would call ahead and see if they have the couplers for both recalls..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just too my wife's Traverse in on Saturday. I thought there was only two and was surprised when the service advisor looked up the VIN and found 3. They took care of all of them while I waited and I did not have an appt. There was a local strip mall nearby that I walked around in and about 90 minutes later got back to the dealership just as they were pulling the car around. I'll have to look up the paperwork when I get back home to let you know what recalls they were.

I know it was the parking cable and shifter cable. The 3rd one was something with the power brakes I think....hmmm can't recall what he called it. The paperwork only said they needed some valve. I'll post later with recall numbers and part numbers used.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So sorry that it has taken so long to reply with the recall numbers. May be posted elsewhere on this site by now but here goes anyway.

1. Recall #09041--Inspect and ensure engagement of transmission shift cable adjustment clip. No part# involved
2. Recall #09045--Replace Parking Brake connector per recall. Part# 25737609 F-Connector
3. Recall #09051--Page got cutoff, but part# is 20861501 Valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts