Traverse Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, and I’ve been to the dealer in 2018 and they said there was a problem, but I would have to pay for it. This is nuts, sure seems like their problem and they are ignoring it. Please some advice?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
yr and model on yours?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shocked there is no recall

I have read many different forums for this problem, and I'm shocked there has not been a recall. The response from Chevrolet has been inconsistent to say the least. Some people are getting helped and many others are told they are on their own. I even went up the chain at Chevrolet customer service and was basically told it was my problem. The base issue is a design flaw at Chevrolet. They changed the power steering fluid and it eats the seals in the power steering system. If your seals in the power steering pump fail, they fix it. If the seals fail anywhere else in the system, you are stuck with the $1300 bill. The representative at my local Chevy dealership told me this, and he said the only change they are making is they are going back to the old power steering fluid. All the other parts are exactly the same. So far, I have talked two people out of buying a Traverse, and I have another one leaning against it. I am getting ready to replace my 2010, and I'm sure everyone will be shocked that I am looking everywhere but Chevrolet, even though I have three Chevys at my house right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got one of those letter also,they say there is a shortage of used Traverses out there and they would give me a great deal for my trade on a 2015.Not looking yet.
How much of a deal did they offer you? I'd get rid of mine in a heartbeat if the price was right. But its been paid for since a year after I bought it & I don't want another car payment. I just had to pay $1440 to Orielly Chevrolet to practically rebuild the tranny, & I'm not even at 86000 miles yet! Tranny started to slip at 42000 miles. Service rep said GM agreed to pay 60% of costs, which is why they said they were only going to charge me $1440. I reported the tranny problem during the warranty period, & I was scared into just doing a tranny flush as a step by step troubleshooting process 6 days before christmas. And then i found out my warranty period began on Feb 2015, NOT on July 9th 2015 when Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix sild it to me as NEW with 2700 miles on the odometer. I'm thinking of taking Courtesy Chevrolet to small claims cuz they sold it to me as new & told me the miles were just cuz it was a DEMO vehicle. But they didn't tell me the warranty started ticking in February 2015 the day they started using it. Bullcrap!!! Now I'm having to fork out $ for all the problems its had such as the transmission, that should've been covered under warranty.

So hopefully you've had better luck with your 2015 than I've had with mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got one of those letter also,they say there is a shortage of used Traverses out there and they would give me a great deal for my trade on a 2015.Not looking yet.
Get rid of it! My 2015 is turning into a big money pit. But dont necessarily "give it away" for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Please keep us posted on the outcome of your service experience. We're sorry you're faced with this situation, but if there's anything we can do to help just send us a private message. With all inquiries be sure to include the VIN, mileage, full contact information, and dealership info.

Thanks,
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
does the cover the 2012 Traverse? same problem with the pump?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just called my local Chevy dealership spoke to a service advisor and explained my issue and concerns he did some reading on service bulletins and said there was a known issue with power steering ( duh) and was told to bring it in loaner would be giving and if problem is found to be powers steering /rack system-his words it would be 100% covered to fix/replace so I would suggest for those with same issues call or go by dealership and get it looked at make sure you tell them that you know of a program that GM is aware of this problem and has posted in service bulletins about this problem 1 dealere acted like I was misinformed and quoted me a price in the$1400-1600 range and said he hasn't heard of any issue like I described so thought I would just pass this along
Service Bulletin # 14329A (supercedes 14329.) Dated December 2014.
I took our Traverse into local dealership - got the TOTAL run around for a faulty Power Steering pump... Service Manager said some technicality precluded them from having to replace this WELL KNOWN GM PROBLEM !! after 40 years of GM I can no longer stomach the shell-blame-game... GM: Take your chinese garbage and try to sell it in China!

81 - 88 of 88 Posts