Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found it, it starts on 09/22, also 0 APR.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The rebates were 4,500 off on all trim levels in Canada Last January. Plus they had an additional $1000 for the Olympics and I received another $1000 for GM loyalty. So $6,500 off total.

So I couldn't pass it up. The deal was so good I didn't even loose my shirt trading in my 2 year old Colorado at the time.

After Christmas is always slow for them in Canada. So I always get my best deals then.

15 Posts
popeyelk: Figures! I go and buy mine and then right after they increase the rebate! Pfft!

BigBlueTraverse: ****! That is the best deal I've ever heard of. Talk about incentive stacking. We got the $1500 cash back and also $750 discount from USAA for being members, on top of GM military pricing, which took off just under $2000 on the vehicle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In Canada, I believe they're still offering $4200 off the Traverse. I got mine at the end of May when they had $4500 off pricing. Unfortunately, I just missed an additional $500 off for dealer maintenance(ie: oil change, tire rotation, etc) thanks to dickering with another GM dealer over an Olympic Traverse.

Luckily, at the dealership I ended up buying the Traverse from, they had a 3% over dealer invoice pricing for members of my professional association, in addition to all available incentives.

Win some, lose some.

But overall, prices for any automobile seem cheaper in the States, even when taking into account the exchange rate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
popeyelk said:
Just found it, it starts on 09/22, also 0 APR.
Thanks! You just made my day! I finally got my order number from the dealer and looked it up on the order tracking page... apparently my Traverse went "in production" on the 14th... but I have no idea how long that part usually takes.

15 Posts
Can you give me any more info on when this rebate plan started? Do you have a source? I ask because we contacted our dealer, and they didn't get notified until the 23rd. We bought ours on the 22nd, and if we can show that the plan did indeed start on the 22nd, they will honor it. This could save me $500, so any more info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
551 Posts
dont we have a member here who works for a dealership? Maybe danthechevyman? I cant remember.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you go to the gmsupplierdiscount(dot)com, regional incentives tab, check your state, county, you will find the 2000 incentive, you can also see " Last updated 09/22/2010 ", this is my guess of the start day. This should be national-wide even it listed as supplierdiscount, because I checked some dealer's websites, they all updated. I checked on 23rd not 22nd though.

Thermonuclear_Cookiedough said:
Can you give me any more info on when this rebate plan started? Do you have a source? I ask because we contacted our dealer, and they didn't get notified until the 23rd. We bought ours on the 22nd, and if we can show that the plan did indeed start on the 22nd, they will honor it. This could save me $500, so any more info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Picked up 2011 on Saturday and got the $2000 rebate as well.

15 Posts
My dealer says I'm out of luck because the incentive changed officially on the 23rd. This is such crap because I signed all the official paperwork around 5pm on the 22nd, so less than 12 hours later the incentive raised by $500. When going over our paperwork we even noticed that the finance manager wrote the wrong dates, writing the 17th instead of the 22nd. We showed them this and said it needed to be corrected, but they would only amend it to the 22nd.

Sigh, oh well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think my dealership messed up because we started looking for a 2010 truck but they could not produce one (had 2k in rebates written on the signed contract) and then we wound up buying the 2011 truck, and I noticed that they just carried over the 2k in rebates to the 2011 truck, several months ago! I was like :blob:

Great that it's now a current incentive... very cool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Took delivery on Sunday the 25th. Surprised to get into the F&I room and find out its 2k instead of 1500. :blob:

MSRP was 41,420. Got it for 36,300. So, $5,100 off MSRP. not bad.

BTW: 2LT, AWD, Black granite, Grey Leather, Nav, PC Package. Awesome car!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts