Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Redline Traverse
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2018 redline traverse, noticed the rear wiper doesn't sit flush against the window, now that it's winter time sometimes it doesn't even touch the window when I turn it on, other times it only touches on the middle of the window. I can press it down and it'll work for a day but then pull away about a half inch from the window. Anybody else see this or have any ideas how to fix?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The only cure for this will be to replace the wiper assembly complete. The spring is probably too weak to apply the pressure on the glass.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Personnally here wipers are garanteed for only one year. Same for brakes pads/rotors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes it is under warranty, thanks I'll try the dealer and see what they say
Hi,

I have the same issue, the wiper arm no longer sits flush - of course after I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty. Would be grateful if you could tell me what the dealer did to remedy this. I'll probably attempt as a DIY.

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
31 Posts
not sure how the system works, but you may want to check the pivot point on the base of the wiper arm. I had a Chrysler Town & Country that had similar issue, and found where the wiper blade mounts to the pivot was corroded. I removed the wiper arm, cleaned what I could and used spray lube to help free up the arm. You may need to lube the arm pivot and free that up a bit. If that's not the issue, I would agree that spring may be too light. You should be able to purchase a new rear wiper arm??

·
Registered
2018 Redline Traverse
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

I have the same issue, the wiper arm no longer sits flush - of course after I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty. Would be grateful if you could tell me what the dealer did to remedy this. I'll probably attempt as a DIY.
They replaced the wipe arm, listed as pn 84148861 on my invoice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts