Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my rear passenger turn signal bulb is not working on my 2018 Traverse. When I popped the hatch to see how to change the bulb there is no access to the bulb itself I can't figure it out for the life of me but I did notice that there is some moisture inside the actual tail light housing how do I access the light cover to change the blinker bulb out.

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Traverse, 2011 Equinox, 1963 C10
2 Posts
I'm not sure if the turn signal is only on the outer taillight or if the inner ones flash too; if it's just the outer one you're referring to, you gotta take the whole assembly off to access it (
). If you're referring to the inner taillights on the hatch, start removing per the pdfs until you can access the back of the lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen I ended up taking it to the dealer I was a few miles past my warranty but they honored it anyway the seal on the housing of the tail light assembly was bad so they replaced the whole assembly and fix the problem

·
Registered
715 Posts
Good to hear that the dealer made it right even out of warranty, they are the exception. What is the name of the dealership if you don't mind so other forum members can consider them in the future.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi my rear passenger turn signal bulb is not working on my 2018 Traverse. When I popped the hatch to see how to change the bulb there is no access to the bulb itself I can't figure it out for the life of me but I did notice that there is some moisture inside the actual tail light housing how do I access the light cover to change the blinker bulb out.
You have to remove the entire casing. Access is just inside the lift gate. Remove the screws then pull out the casing, so the bulb can be accessed and changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts