Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'VE BEEN LOOKING AROUND AT DIFFERENT FLOOR MATS FOR THE REAR AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE WEATHER TECH BRAND. HAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE MAT FOR THE BACK WITH THE THIRD ROW FOLDED DOWN?

HOW DOES IT FIT?
DO THEY STILL WORK WELL WHEN THE THIRD ROW IS LIFTED UP?

THANKS

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry I cannot answer your questions - but I also was wondering - the pics I see online seem to be for 2nd row bench seating. Has anyone found pics of these mats that have floor coverage between 2nd row bucket seating? Just curious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T4me

I CALLED WEATHERTECH TODAY AND THEY ADVISED THAT THEY ONLY HAVE THE TRADITIONAL FLOOR MATS, NOTHING FOR INBETWEEN THE BUCKETS. ALSO, THEY CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE CARGO MATS FOR THE VERY BACK AS OF YET. APPARENTLY THEY MAY HAVE THEM IN PRODUCTION IN A MONTH OR TWO. THEY ADVISED THE ONES THEY MAKE FOR THE ACADIA AND ENCLAVE WILL NOT FIT PROPERLY. I DO LIKE THOSE CANVAS COVERES THOUGH, NEED SOMETHING SOON FOR CAMPING.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Campsite1,

Thanks much for the update. I know Copperbeech has been waiting for his Weathertech models to be produced for a while now. I ended up buying the much more uglier Husky mats (with the raised edges) that look more like an industrial truck plastic rigid mat) since these fit the Traverse EXACTLY and completely cover the entire floor area between the buckets and the rear (when purchasing both the 2nd and 3rd row mats). I hate the way they look but I needed something for Spring as my 5 and 7 year olds were quickly destroying the carpeting. Keep us all updated.

Thanks much, Jeff.

·
Registered
185 Posts
In case anyone else is desperate, the Husky model can be trimmed to show the 2nd row slide rails or, if you prefer, you can trim so that the plastic mat will raise up and bend back when you slide the seat. I have not personally seen this or tried this as we do not slide the 2nd row buckets at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
t4me - Can you please post close up pictures of your Husky liners? Interested in the "tightness" of the fit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hang in there .... will do with the pics very soon... very busy.... the few comments that I can make follows:
0. Did not buy front row mats at all.
1. The lip going all the way the around the mat rises up to make a 1" wall/lip all around the edges.
My 6 and 7 yr olds always seem to catch that getting in.... hope the future running boards help.
2. The mat appears to be molded to fit exactly over all of the floor moldings with the rugs taken out.
I was shocked at how absolutely perfect the mold was made for these. They clearly fit this vehicle to a T.
3. Because I kept the rug underneath, the mats do not necessarily fit totally flat/snug to the floor.
I need to take the rug out and see if that solves the problem... I think it will.
4. These mats are not pretty like the other mats on the market... no cool design... they look like they were designed for a pickup truck with that cross-hatched design on the hard mat that reminds me of the same crosshatch design on a chrome-ish tool box commonly found in the back of a pickup truck bed.
5. I did buy the third row mat along with the 2nd row mat and was fairly happy with how they met. I would have preferred to see the two mats overlap and/or interconnect, but they just exactly meet with the 1" edge lip of the 2nd row mat meeting the 1" edge lip of the 3rd row mat.

Within days, I will take some pics showing the mats in place. Expect to find them under my accessories - pictures thread (where all my other "stuff" is). I will post here letting you know when I have uploaded them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Anybody out there hear the radio spots that David MacNeil (owner of WeatherTech) does as a pitch for his web site developer? They're great! He's very personable. I also like the fact that they advertise extensively in the car mags touting their belief in and support of "Made in America."

If I have a need and a choice, I'm buying WeatherTech! Just my opinion. http://www.weathertech.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
campsite1 said:
I'VE BEEN LOOKING AROUND AT DIFFERENT FLOOR MATS FOR THE REAR AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE WEATHER TECH BRAND. HAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE MAT FOR THE BACK WITH THE THIRD ROW FOLDED DOWN?

HOW DOES IT FIT?
DO THEY STILL WORK WELL WHEN THE THIRD ROW IS LIFTED UP?

THANKS
I have some for sale if you are interested...they fit [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts