Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I some how deleted my last post, so here it is again. I found two wire connectors in the rear compartment for the jack. One connector has a black and red/white wire(heavy gage), the other has a red, black and blue wire. I have a pic of this. Does anyone know what this could be for?
I have a 09 traverse LT1.
Thanks,
Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Throwing out a wild guess - I know our 08 Enclave has it's XM module back there. I have no idea what the connectors look like. Does the Traverse come standard with XM? If not, could it be that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xm module and onstar module are to the left of these connectors. From some things that I found on other posts, it could be a plug-in for trailer module(dont think so though, i dont have the trailer pkg option. It includes a lot more things that would have to be done at factory) Could be a plug in for the Rear entertainment system--110v dc to ac convertor or maybe for an option air pump for inflating tires?

I need to check the heavy gage black, red/white wires to see if they are hot all the time or with ignition on. I am planning on putting a dc to ac convertor in to run a x-box game console. I am also upgrading radio to a pioneer avic z110bt nav/dvd and installing overhead dvd monitor. The dc-ac convertor plugs to a game port just like factory and gets mounted on center console between driver and passenger seats. It (dc-ac convertor) only turns on when the game port switch is turn on. If the wire from rear compartment is for the factory convertor, I could just run a wire over to center console to power ther convertor I have. The other option is to run a wire straight from battery to power convertor, since the battery is in floor right behind front passenger seat.
Lot of work, but will be nice when finished and less than half the price as compared to adding options when buying.

Any Input greatly appreciated,
Bryan

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm on an extended road trip at the moment so I can't get to our Traverse to check but those heavy wires could possibly be there to feed the power lift gate which the LT1 lacks. They may not be live.
Re your nav/dvd plans, I too have looked at that Pioneer unit (and the z120bt about to be released) but, apart from some very negative comments on the avic411 forum regarding it's basic navigation abilities, I felt that fitting it would cause the unacceptable loss of some built in features such as the rear seat radio and OnStar direction and turn (with the Mapquest 'send to car' feature). The other niggle is you can't use your existing XM module, you have to get a new one together with a new antenna. So, for the time being, I'll have to live with the standard GM unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using a pac os4 interface. I talked with the pac tech and they told me it retains factory xm and onstar features with this interface. If I have to get a separate xm module, I will just have to do that, but I was told i shouldnt need it.
I appreciate all input,
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
I went out and snapped a pic of mine.
as you can see- also nothing connected to it.
I have a 2010- LT1. with
Onstar, Rear view camera, tow package.
I have the basic radio.

appears you also have a Gold Mist metallic...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Could you snap a pic of how your invertor is mounted? Do you have a part #?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am adding that option to mine. Was going to get power straight from battery. How did u wire yours? I was going to put plug in console between front seats as they do in factory option.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
36 Posts
You need harness for the console the outlet and converter. Your body harness is already prewired. I dont have I picture but if you remove the jack you will see the 2 mounting studs. The converter is #15294047 some $200, the harness is # 25980828 $68.25 with heated seats and automatic A/C controls, the jack power inverter(receptacle) is #25858121 $46.65, and the switch plate #??? about $30 is . I do have an extra set I was selling on Ebay for $150.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
wow... pricey...
If you only need it occasionally....I would just buy one of these.
they sell different wattage.
this one is about $25 at radio shack. its 75watt... they also sell a 150w.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts