Traverse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the Traverse rear cargo mat? When I was looking at an Outlook the dealer had the rear cargo mat and I noticed that it was a triple fold mat. The mat folded up behind the third row but unfolded to fit over the second row. Is the Traverse mat the same style? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
murnutz

·
Registered
33 Posts
murnutz said:
Has anyone purchased the Traverse rear cargo mat? When I was looking at an Outlook the dealer had the rear cargo mat and I noticed that it was a triple fold mat. The mat folded up behind the third row but unfolded to fit over the second row. Is the Traverse mat the same style? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
murnutz
This might help.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is where I originally saw the mat, however, the picture they have looks like it is only for behind the third row. Hard to tell if it fits over the entire area with the third row folded down.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I test drove a Traverse with the cargo mat installed. It does not cover the entire back cargo area. It's a little wider than the access area panel that's located in the cargo area. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sonny320 said:
I test drove a Traverse with the cargo mat installed. It does not cover the entire back cargo area. It's a little wider than the access area panel that's located in the cargo area. Hope that helps.
Interesting. Thanks for the info, I was going to order one sight unseen but will now check it out. This is from the GM accessories website: "This deep ribbed cargo mat provides an exact fit to the cargo floor of your Chevrolet Traverse for superior protection. They feature the Traverse Logo"[/color] That's different than what you report and causes me concern. Thank you for the head's up, you may have saved me some money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boatwrench said:
Interesting. Thanks for the info, I was going to order one sight unseen but will now check it out. This is from the GM accessories website: "This deep ribbed cargo mat provides an exact fit to the cargo floor of your Chevrolet Traverse for superior protection. They feature the Traverse Logo"[/color] That's different than what you report and causes me concern. Thank you for the head's up, you may have saved me some money.
As much as I would prefer to have a mat that says Traverse on it, I might just have to get the Outlook mat since it covers the entire area.

·
Registered
72 Posts
murnutz said:
As much as I would prefer to have a mat that says Traverse on it, I might just have to get the Outlook mat since it covers the entire area.
Does it say "Outlook" or even better have just a generic "GM"?

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
duayned said:
That tri-fold mat for Outlook is a great idea; it covers more area for same price as that dinky Traverse mat!
Too bad it does definitely have the Outlook logo: [http://saturn.dealerfit.com/store/saturn-outlook-cargo-mat-prod548_19011.php]

This is same short mat w/Traverse logo as on GM parts site, but at less cost, at least:
http://chevrolet.dealerfit.com/store/chevrolet-traverse-cargo-area-mat-prod691_28656.php
Duayned,
I'm not sure why GM would do that. Makes no sense to me. I will probably buy the Saturn version. I'm going for function over fashion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Will the Outlook mat work inside the Traverse?

I have an Acadia and my wife purchased a Traverse. I have the GMC tri-fold mat for my rear cargo area and I'm not sure the shapes are the same to fit properly. Mine is truly just a big rectangle, with 3 sections. However the Traverse is a bit more rounded in the section by the liftgate as seen in the Traverse mat offered by GM...Guess if that is the only difference you could live with it. But just something to consider as I think the shaping of the plastic interior cargo walls are different as well and may cause it to be too narrow to fit the Outlook mat. I suppose I could take the mat out of my car one day and stick it in the Traverse to see if it would work, it's just been cold here in Chicago to be out messing around with it.

3/15/09 Update:[/color] So I test fit my Acadia Mat inside the Traverse and it fits perfectly until you get to the rear most section. As I suspected, the curvature of the interior walls in the Traverse cause the Acadia mat to not lay flat in just the corners. You could easily trim the mat to fit the exact shape, or as my wife said, it really wasn't that bad and she could live with it. The Acadia mat does say "GMC" on it, but sells for about $65 on Ebay usually. Or Check out http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&AddPartNumber=17800715&partnumber=17800715, they have it for $47.32.

I suppose you could also purchase the Traverse mat for another $47.32 at the above site and then cut off the GMC section of the Acadia unit so you have both sections covered and it actually says Traverse? Patterns are a bit different though. Some Acadia users actually cut theirs so that when the the 3rd row seats are up, they could simply remove the other sections and store away instead of having to fold up the entire unit and have this somewhat lumpy 3-section piece on the 3rd row floor. Just throwing out options for folks. To each their own. I think I'll just buy another GMC one for my wife's and leave it as it since she is happy with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
imgntht said:
So I test fit my Acadia Mat inside the Traverse and ... as I suspected, the curvature of the interior walls in the Traverse cause the Acadia mat to not lay flat in just the corners. You could easily trim the mat to fit the exact shape, or as my wife said, it really wasn't that bad and she could live with it. The Acadia mat does say "GMC" on it, but sells for about $65 on Ebay usually. Or Check out http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&AddPartNumber=17800715&partnumber=17800715, they have it for $47.32.

... Some Acadia users actually cut theirs so that when the the 3rd row seats are up, they could simply remove the other sections and store away instead of having to fold up the entire unit and have this somewhat lumpy 3-section piece on the 3rd row floor. Just throwing out options for folks. To each their own.
imgntht -- that's really great information. It makes such a big difference when someone like you has actually field-tested a product/situation and reported the real-world results.

I think I'd go for the GMC mat and trim it, or not, myself.
Thanks!
DD

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
so has anyone tried the outlook, acadia, enclave mats in the traverse (especially the big trays)...

·
Registered
185 Posts
No to trying other trays/mats in the back of the Traverse... I was not happy with the way the third row up/down and partial third row up/down were handled. Went straight to the CanvasBack product and never looked back.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Buy a complete custom fitted (patterned) Cargo Mat. You can have it in seat up or seat down version. If you need help, call CAA direct.....Toll Free 877-712-4222. See the link below for our full line of custom patterned products for the 2009-2010 Chevrolet Traverse. We are a Forum Sponsor. We have sold hundreds of custom patterned floor mats for the Traverse, Outlook, Acadia and Enclave. We know these vehicles well. We have GM Licensed embroidery available as well. Lifetime warranty on all products sold.

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/vehicleProducts.php?make=Chevrolet&model=Traverse&year=2009

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/all-weather-floor-mats.html

All the best,

Rich
Custom Auto Accessories, Inc.
www.customautoaccessories.com
Email: [email protected]
877-712-4CAA Toll Free
770-487-8650 Direct
877-714-4CAA Fax

·
Registered
158 Posts
All I did was buy a univeral rear cargo mat from Walmart (for $18.00) and cut it to fit the back cargo area. When I put both seats down, I will just buy another to use to protect the back of the seats. I also bought the universal floor mats (to protect the factory ones) and cut them to fit. Cheap, easy to do, and when they get trashed you just throw them away and buy new ones.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just got my cargo mat yesterday...
I ordered the Lloyd Ultimat Cargo Liner from Autoanything.com. It goes from the back of the second row (bench) seats to the rear. We normally have the third row down, so this is fine. Mat fits perfectly and looks great. Feels like very high quality material and workmanship. Somewhere I'd gotten a coupon, so it was around $105 with free shipping.
In case anyone is still interested in these...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts