Traverse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I am new to this forum. I am hoping someone here can help me. I have a 2010 traverse LT with only 49k miles. and it is blowing hot air through the rear vents. The front vents work great when put in Cold/Heat just not the rear. Unfortunately, it is out of warranty. I have replaced the front actuator that is in under the dash myself and I'm pretty handy. I am thinking it might be the actuator. Would anyone by any chance happen to know where it is located in the rear and what all i need to take apart to get to it? I would really appreciate anyone's help.

Thank you,

·
Registered
11,967 Posts
it is located in the read passenger side.
A member on the Enclave or Acadia forum replaced theirs in the rear and had to remove the rear panel.. the whole trim between the 2nd/3rd row.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! I just had to replace my rear mode actuator. Sounds like you need to replace your rear temp actuator. I could not find a video on how to do this so I made one once I figured it out! It’s a bit rambly, and I’m no mechanic, but I hope it helps. Mine is a 2014, but hopefully it’s similar enough to your 2010.

https://youtu.be/EKjqpEgpKF8

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I just had to replace my rear mode actuator. Sounds like you need to replace your rear temp actuator. I could not find a video on how to do this so I made one once I figured it out! It’s a bit rambly, and I’m no mechanic, but I hope it helps. Mine is a 2014, but hopefully it’s similar enough to your 2010.

You’re awesome!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank you very much. I wish you success🌹🌹🌹🌹

·
Registered
8 Posts

I just replaced my rear actuator. The exact one the lady showed in this video. It appears to maybe solve the issue, sometimes. What I mean is that my temperature ran between 66-72. More towards 68-70. It all depends on how fast you drive or speed up. It never got below 66 and it didn’t hit 66 a lot. What else could it be? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 traverse. I just replaced my rear actuator. The exact one the lady showed in this video. It appears to maybe solve the issue, sometimes. What I mean is that my temperature ran between 66-72. More towards 68-70. It all depends on how fast you drive or speed up. It never got below 66 and it didn’t hit 66 a lot. What else could it be? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts