Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips on replacing rear ac condenser and expansion valve or anything else to change while I’m back there? I’ll be doing this on Saturday. Seems fairly straightforward but any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
the video I see on Youtube. Theres a little filter back in the line that can get clogged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar Issue?

Anyone have any tips on replacing rear ac condenser and expansion valve or anything else to change while I’m back there? I’ll be doing this on Saturday. Seems fairly straightforward but any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!
What are the symptoms? Our 2009 does not blow cold air in the back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks!
What are the symptoms? Our 2009 does not blow cold air in the back.
Same as you. Front ac works rear does not. I’ve tested rear actuator and it’s working so I figure it’s clogged. I bought condenser, expansion valve and orifice tube to cover all parts while I’m back there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up starting the repairs today. So far the only part I got my ass kicked was removing the heater core lines. Gonna buy new plastic tabs. Otherwise everything else has gone well so far.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve already gotten everything put back together and I’m vacuuming the system. Do I need to add pag oil after replacing the rear evap core or the expansion valve?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve had it back together and recharged since Saturday. Been driving for a few days and everything is still blowing cold front and back 😁

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
ahhh look at that little filter.

do you know what that stuff is?

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Im thinking that it could be a sealer of some type.
Do they sell Cans of recharge/sealer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts