Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

New to the forum, so please excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere.

I have a 2011 Traverse with the rear A/C controls and not three days after we bought it, we noticed the rear controls were HOT to the touch. Too hot to want to hold on to anyway.

Dealer replaced free of charge, no problems.

Three months later, same thing... Is anyone else having this issue? Just want to know if there's solidarity in numbers out there.

Thanks in advance, folks. I really appreciate it.

Ken

·
Registered
31 Posts
We have a 2010 and ours has been hot since we bought it new. Now you have me worried, gonna have them check it out.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
I think others have posted on hot controls

·
Registered
40 Posts
Noticed that mine get warm. I thought it was the lights on the back side. Excessive heat could be due to high amp draw. Does any one know what the draw should be?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Find nothing on it searching. For sure gonna take it in so it's documented. ;)

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
funny- my sister was in the Traverse last night (front pass seat)
And she turned around to look at the kids and happened to touch the controls--- and said--- theyre Warm.
She then said- is it the lights? So I used the dimmer- and the lights on the controls dim...
But I said- funny you mention this-- others have commented too.
Though I touched them and they were warm- or some may say hot.. but not alarmingly hot

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took it in for an oil change and had them look at it. Said they could'nt get it to do it, atleast it's documented.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Bubba0 said:
Took it in for an oil change and had them look at it. Said they could'nt get it to do it, atleast it's documented.
Did they try for more than 5 minutes? My guess is this is happening once you guys have driven a few miles, and are in the car more than 5 minutes. Drive the car to the dealership when you feel they are warm / hot, then have someone fell them, just incase they keep giving you the run arround.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh you know they did! ;D I figure it's documented, so if it burns I'll get a free one plus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning,

New to the forum, so please excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere.

I have a 2011 Traverse with the rear A/C controls and not three days after we bought it, we noticed the rear controls were HOT to the touch. Too hot to want to hold on to anyway.

Dealer replaced free of charge, no problems.

Three months later, same thing... Is anyone else having this issue? Just want to know if there's solidarity in numbers out there.

Thanks in advance, folks. I really appreciate it.

Ken
Did anyone figure out what the problem was? We just purchased a used 2015 Traverse this week and I noticed about a week in the rear climate controls on the arm rest are very warm to the touch. It was sold 'As Is' but the vehicle is in almost perfect condition minus the mileage. Lol I know it will be a fix on my dime, so it would help to know what it is so I can get it done! This Iowa heat and humidity is terrible, so the sooner the better!
Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Did anyone figure out what the problem was? We just purchased a used 2015 Traverse this week and I noticed about a week in the rear climate controls on the arm rest are very warm to the touch. It was sold 'As Is' but the vehicle is in almost perfect condition minus the mileage. Lol I know it will be a fix on my dime, so it would help to know what it is so I can get it done! This Iowa heat and humidity is terrible, so the sooner the better!
Thanks!
It's normal for these controls, we've had 4 different GM vehicles with the same rear seat controls and they all get warm/hot to the touch. Nobody should be doing anything other than pressing one of the buttons or turning a knob so it's of no concern. I don't know whether it's the display or other parts of the controller that produce the heat but it's normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts