Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '09 Traverse rattles more than any vehicle I have owned.

I can't believe everyone talks about how well built these things are, when my dealer says my rattles and other problems are just normal. I am totally dissatisfied with the Traverse.

I rode in my friends' Honda Pilot and it was solid, with none of the other issues I have with the quality of the Traverse and it was less expensive (comparably equipped).

I have never bought a foreign car; I have purchased 10 American cars (mostly GM) in my driving career.

This might just put me over the edge to buy a foreign car next time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have to say your right i have only 2500km on it :'(and its unacceptable for a 40000$ truck.but then again i knew it was going to rattle....Gm always did and always will.
I just did not expect so sone....and the engine is very loud compare to import like the honda pilot you can hardly hear its engine.. not sure i will buy again.
the resale value is going to drop very fast( here in canada have the black book that list the value of cars and truck and i check just for fun
the acadia 08 with 12000 miles : value was if super clean 25000$
list new was 45000$ it makes a 20000$ drop :angryfire: and its GMC so just imagine chevrolet....

the thing is that Gm is better then before but not at 40000$ sure its a **** good engine but thats it!! fit and finish is very poor and rattles....
hope the next gen of traverse will be better if they still whant me around

·
Registered
40 Posts
I feel bad for you guys but I have 3000 on my 09 Traverse and it's fine and as a matter or fact it's the best car so far I ever owned. I had a 05 Trailblazer and it had a few rattles but the 09 tight as a drumb. I live out in the country and the roads are not the best but so far so good.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
whoadogwhoa said:
I feel bad for you guys but I have 3000 on my 09 Traverse and it's fine and as a matter or fact it's the best car so far I ever owned. I had a 05 Trailblazer and it had a few rattles but the 09 tight as a drumb. I live out in the country and the roads are not the best but so far so good.
I have to agree .... my 2009 Traverse with 2500 miles is very quiet.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine (LTZ AWD) is tight as a drum as well, but it didn't start out that way. I had several rattles until I went on a witch hunt and found several sources in the driver door panel(s). I took it to the dealer after I had marked with masking tape where the rattles where and they just said "we can't fix that, gm said to order you a new door panel". The new door panel fits better than the original and the vehicle no longer has rattles. Nothing sours me faster on a vehicle than rattles. Hers's what I've had:
Buick Lucerne - no rattles after 4 years
Dodge Durango (2004) - very tight after 5 years
Olds Intrigue - POS - rattles galore
Pontiac G8 - tight as a drum

Seems GM has a consistency problem if some on here have good ones and others don't. I suspect it is faulty panel installation. Take it to the dealer and demand they fix it. You paid for a $40,000 vehicle it should work like one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me and my wife have owned many cars and the best so far being Nissan and the worst being my wife's 01 Pontiac Grand AM but I do have to admit that the Traverse is def a lot better in quality compared to our other car - 06 Hyundai Sonata. The Sonata, even though having a great engine and performance etc., is piss poor when it comes to quality. Traverse in every way beats it but then you do pay the price as well.

I just hope I don't come acroos all of the other issues you guyz've had so far....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts