Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My wife's about a day away from buying a new Traverse and have a couple questions....

I'm tempted by the LTZ, simply because the cooled seats and 20 inch wheels. I do wonder, however, if you are sacrificing anything with the audio by getting the navigation system. The GM website doesn't show a multiple disc in dash changer, so it looks like all audio options are single disc. Any knowledge on this one? I read some other forums and some Buick folks were saying Nav= single disc and non-Nav=multiple disc.

Second question....the rear DVD system is Bose 5.1 surround sound. The 5.1 indicates there is a subwoofer and a center channel. The non-DVD system w/Bose is described as 10 speaker and I know one is a subwoofer. Does this imply that the Bose 10 speaker system has the same center channel as the DVD system? I would think it would be carry-over, but don't really know. I hate to downgrade the audio just to have the TV for the back. Bottom line...is it all the same speaker/amplifier setup?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
201 Posts
We have have the LTZ without rear entrainment and it has very good sound once the EQ is set to your liking.

·
Registered
70 Posts
where is the subwoofer located, I have the bose but dont know where it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
guapo said:
where is the subwoofer located, I have the bose but dont know where it is.
I have the Enclave so I will guess it is in the same location. It is located in the front center console at the bottom (on the passengers side.) Here is a link from someone that installed an OEM sub into the factory location for a vehicle that didn't have a sub originally - looks kind of scary when disassembled, but you can see the location. http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2606.0

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone ever consider installing an aftermarket cd changer? wife has tons of cd's and is not an ipod fan (last holdout not yet assimulated I believe). Pros and cons?

·
Registered
31 Posts
t4me said:
Anyone ever consider installing an aftermarket cd changer? wife has tons of cd's and is not an ipod fan (last holdout not yet assimulated I believe). Pros and cons?
Why not just turn those into some MP3 CDs? You can fit several audio CDs onto 1 MP3 CD, for the same effect as a changer, but without the switching delays of a physical disc changer. The conversion takes some time, but then the originals stay safely back at the house. Since you have DVD, maybe you could even make MP3 DVDs. Not sure that would work (I don't have DVD in my Traverse), but if it does, that would be a good amount of music on one disc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
clbhk -- that's a great tip. :thumb: MP3 CDs will easily hold 100-150 songs. all modern PCs/Macs come with both drives and software that will do the trick. If you're at all computer savvy, you can download free programs that often work better and faster than the default ones.
If you don't want to bother with it yourself/herself, it's worth it to pay any teenager to burn a couple for you. :rock:[/color]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Or put your CD's on your computer and then download them onto a USB flash driver and plug it into the USB port and play them from there. You can easily change the songs you have whenever you want or get a 16GB stick and put practically your entire library on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts