Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I just purchased a 2010 Traverse LS without Bluetooth and just the base non-amplified stereo.

I added mki9100 Parrot Bluetooth kit and it works great.

My issue is with the Spare Fuse under the hood. I tested it and it is a switched fuse or so I thought.

About 90% of the time the power shuts off on this fuse no problem the other times it stays on and I see no reason why.

It will however shut off once I lock the doors I suspect it may shut off after the 10 minutes for the run down too but have not tested that.

Has anyone seen this with yours and know why it works this way?

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
sorry-- cant answer your question-
I have not used the spare fuse...
Im suprissed its powered if its a 'spare'...

must be a ' fused' unused 'port' to use for adds ons-- like in your case?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Is it tied in somehow to the dome light? It is delay off? Just a thought.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quantum said:
Is it tied in somehow to the dome light? It is delay off? Just a thought.

Good luck,
If it is a "spare" fuse, I would think it would go along for the ride, with no power ever going to it.

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
;) I think you are talking a bought the spare hook up spots in your fuse box there are some that are powered when the ignition is off and some that are powered when the ignition is on also some powered in to the dome light in most vehicles. I have no looked in the Traverse but this is normal in most vehicles the factory dose that so if you want to buy a new vehicle that has every thing you want on it with the exception of remote start of something like that they can easily add is on with out doing a lot of wiring. There are spare fuses that are just that spare fuses with a little puller to pull out a blown fuses and replace it. If you are installing a after market radio / head unit and want it to turn off like the stock one hook it to the radio fuse terminal that way if you forget to turn something off you wont come out to a dead battery. Most car stereo shops are a wealth of information in that area and will help you out they figure they can sell you the parts so why not help you out.

8) Steve

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have tested it all out and the it will only delay a max of 5 minutes before the power is cut. I was referring to the spare fuse outlet in the fuse panel under the hood.

So it is all good as it will not run the battery down. Plus it keeps the system on after I shut down for a bit.

So it's perfect for powering up the Bluetooth. The pain was sneaking the wire into the cab.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I can turn my attention to getting roof racks and running boards ha ha.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Hey how it that mki9100 Parrot Bluetooth kit working out for you that was the main reason I did not get the 2009 that option was not available and it ticked me off.

8) Steve

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's great. With the HF-GM-TH3-AMK it was just plug and play except for the 12V power wire. That took me all of the time to run into the cab.

There are video's on Youtub of people using the mki9100. The mki9200 is nice but I liked the small display as it just sits on the dash behind the steering wheel.

The parrot kits works good on most of the newer popular phones . My phone works and is cheaper so it will not Sync the phonebook but work pays for the phone so I will just beg them for better handsets next time the contract is up. The phone works fine.

You can hook your newer iPod directly to it and control them from the Steering wheel control. Older Ipod can just be plugged into the av imput. The Parrot has a mini amp in it. Everything I play over the Parrot sound better then the Stereo/XM can play.

Other MP3 players can be added via USB or the AV input.

It will even play MP3 directly from the USB key.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts