Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the forums. Wondering if anyone can enlighten me about the issues with my 2018 Traverse. I recently took the car in to the dealer after my starter continued to fire after fueling up and also ran pretty rough previously upon starting. The engine light lit up and took it to the dealer. They replaced the EVAP purge solenoid valve (if it matters, they never called to ask for my go ahead in making the repair). As I looked into this further, it appears that this is a common problem with models of different years and likely with 2018. Wouldn't this be covered under the B2B warranty? Or at least the Emissions warranty?

My mileage is 27k and 2 years into my 3 yr/36 lease. Error code was P0496 and replaced with part#12690512

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I have a 2017 Gen 1. Last December they replaced my purge valve, same PN as you state, "under warranty." Said it was "redesigned." See my post here:

I suspect they may be replacing the purge valves on anything that comes in with a CEL lit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2017 Gen 1. Last December they replaced my purge valve, same PN as you state, "under warranty." Said it was "redesigned." See my post here:

I suspect they may be replacing the purge valves on anything that comes in with a CEL lit.
So "redesigned" is a cute way of saying its a piece of crap and we need to get it out of your car! Thank you for the heads up. I did see in GMs "special coverage adjustment" that they were to replace these valves in the 2017 and 2019 Traverse, but I'm not seeing this specifically for the 2018 models. I would assume its the same issue. The GM warranty states under the Evaporative Emission Control System (Gasoline Engines) that "Canister Solenoids and Valves" are covered. Is this the same thing?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have received a letter of extended warranty up to 10 years if the valve fails on my 2017.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your help! I called the dealership and when I mentioned that it should be under warranty they said "you're right". They "screwed up" and will be refunding my money. Greentraverse I think you are spot on about them replacing the purge valves on anything that comes in with a CEL lit. This way they (try to) charge the customer while getting a faulty part out of the car. Unbelievable. Again, thank you for your help! Much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts