Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my pet peeves since delivery in July has been the severe cutoff of the projector low beams...yeah, they look cool, but i like to see street signs and highway signs w/o putting the brights on. Well, our family's mechanic for years just landed a job at the chevy dealer down the street (how lucky are we!), and as part of our first service, he was able to adjust the headlights up just a few degrees, to assist us, yet to still not be obtrusive to other drivers. What a difference!!! He said it was easy...just a hole in the plastic panel above each headlight, and dropping down a screwdriver to make the adjustment. If any service dept. tells you they can't do it, tell them they are wrong, and need to look into it further. Its like driving with my eyes all the way opened now!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I hadn't noticed any issue with the headlights and the ability to see signs etc. I'll have to pay closer attention the next time I drive at night.

A

·
0 Posts
IMO; this seems to be an isolated incident; maybe LDT forgot to adjust them correctly

·
Registered
551 Posts
get HID bulbs and ballasts, best money I've ever spent. Street signs almost glow in the dark now :blob:

Even before the HID my cutoff line was fine, so I think it may have just been your Traverse, either way Im gald they fixed it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tiestosteele : can you tell me where you got the HID's from? there are so many out there , i just want to look into the right ones...thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Jwhjr - I'm pretty sure that I'm right in saying that your car doesn't have the projector beam headlamps. They were only installed on 2009 and early 2010 models so equipped. They're typified by brightly illuminating everything below an abrupt horizontal line at about hood level and very little above it. I have them and love them.

A

·
0 Posts
staciesbaby said:
tiestosteele : can you tell me where you got the HID's from? there are so many out there , i just want to look into the right ones...thanks.
I waited awhile to let tiestosteele respond, but it seems they haven't to this point.

Check out our HID sponsor on this and all the Lambda sites-XenonDepot.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I cant remember the name of the company I bought them from, I was refered by a member here who had them on his Hyundai Genesis. I still have the box at home, I will look at let you know.

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the info....will check out all the links and decide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts