Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2019 High Country last month and loving it. I noticed a couple days ago the Chevy logo that is projected on the ground that identifies where to place your foot for hands-free operation of the tailgate was looking a little fuzzy. Today I noticed you cannot even see the bowtie logo anymore - it's really nothing but a fuzzy circle. We have had a lot of snow and rain the last couple days. Is it possible moisture on the projector is distorting the display? Has anyone encountered this before? Did it resolve itself? Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have seen this on my 2018. It resolved itself each time. I can't say whether it did it before/after a car wash though but it isn't permanent when it happens.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Likely road salt or dirt on the lens. Flushing with water may help, but to do it right, get on your back, look up and cleaning withn a Q-Tip with a shot of Windex will restore the logo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a problem with my logo. The logo is clear but it has diffused light on the left side. I tried the windex and Qtip with no change.Any more thoughts?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I also have a problem with my logo. The logo is clear but it has diffused light on the left side. I tried the windex and Qtip with no change.Any more thoughts?

Wouldn't consider this a tragedy. Mine also has some diffused light toward the rim, wouldn't waste time at the dealer to replace with another one that does the same thing (any maybe they'll break something else installing it).

We're not dealing with a Zeiss lens and pinpoint LED in the exact center of the lens.....clear logo is about as good as it gets and still works great for showing where to kick.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
As good as mine gets....some flare at 7 o'clock ansd shadow at 2 o'clock because of angle, can't view head on for photo

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's exactly it; after I went through a car wash mine did the same thing. I actually went home that night and used a Q-Tip + and aerosol which helped a bit. But it was definitely moisture related.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts